Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

Flight Plans Missing

Hi, I use piulot2atc and littlenavmap to create the flightplan files for use in the GTN750, since the update this morning no flight plans show up in the flight plan catalogue. I am saving my plans to the original location FPLN folder in the Garmin folder as before. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

If you're using the GTN Trainer 6.41, the FPLN location is different. Please make sure to read the User's Manual to check the correct location.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Furthermore, should you want to transfer your trainer 6.21 non volatile memory which contains your saved settings, routes, user waypoints, to the trainer 6.41, you just have to copy/move the non volatile memory files over.

Reality XP GTN Touch with trainer 6.21:

C:/ProgramData/Garmin/GTN Trainer Data/GTN/GTN1nonvol/

the files are "sys_nand#" with # a letter (except sys_nand0)

Reality XP GTN Touch with trainer 6.41:

C:/ProgramData/Garmin/Trainers/GTN/nonvol/

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Start menu | Reality XP

or in c:\program files (x86)\reality XP 

I just re-ran the RXP GTN installer, and I'm still getting version 6.21 of the Garmin trainer.  Where are people getting the newest version?  Thanks!

Evan Purcell

Hi Bluesman!

The installer should pickup your GTN 6.21 is already installed, and prompt you about a new version available. Is this showing up?

Otherwise, you can manually download the new trainer from here:

http://download.garmin.com/software/GarminTrainerSetup_2000.exe

Once installed, our GTN will auto-detect this trainer and use it.

NB: the GTN Trainer 6.41 can be installed side-by-side the GTN Trainer 6.21! Using our GTN environment variables you can then opt-in using either v6.21, or let auto-detection use 6.41.

Hi Howard,

It does it automatically. When the GTN boots up, you should see 6.41 on the GTN POST screens.

Hey Jean-Luc,

Nope.  The installer didn't say anything about the new version of the trainer.  I even uninstalled the Garmin software, and ran the RXP installer again, to see if it would get the new version, and the RXP software installed version 6.21 again - that's why I was confused.

I'm using the just-released versions of all RXP software, so I should be current.

I'll manually install version 6.41 and check to see that RXP is auto-detecting that version.  Won't be for a while - I'm working until late tonight.

Thanks!

Evan Purcell

Hi Evan, this might be related to the installer script logic, but basically, should you have uninstalled the trainer, but kept its installer backup (saved by the RXP installer to "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer"), then it will pick up this backup installer and won't prompt you.

However, should you have not uninstalled the trainer, it shall prompt you there is a new version.

It is safe to manually download and install the latest anyhow. 

I ran the RXP installer once, before uninstalling the Garmin software - no prompt to install the new version.  So I tried the Garmin uninstall thinking it would prompt the update.  That didn't work either.

No big deal at all, I'll just run the installer linked above manually.  Not a problem at all.

Thanks.

Evan Purcell

Ok thank you for the report. We'll review the installer script and see what has failed.