Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

Flight Plans Missing

Only seeing flight plans based in the UK - EGNX.EGLL etc, no plans show up from other areas, LFMN.LFML, etc. Any ideas?

Hi, do you mean when copying flight plan file to the correct FPLN folder location, only the flight plans in UK are showing up in the list, all others being excluded?

Our flight plan sample pack included an example: KSLE_KSLE.gfp. Is this one showing up in the list when put in the FPLN folder?

You might want to cross check the content of the 'hidden' flight plan files to make sure they are properly formatted per GTN requirement. To assist you in this, you might want to read the guideline document included in the sample pack.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just ran the update and it prompted me to download the new 6.41 trainer. No problem here.

I have one question: since i updated the trainer can I delete the folder "GTN trainer data" that resides in "C:\ProgramData\Garmin"? I guess this one was just used by the old trainer version, right? I would like to get back 2+ GB.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi, you might want to save your sys_nand files found in the GTN subfolder. They store your device settings, routes and user waypoints and might be loaded in the new trainer once put into the new trainer 6.41 equivalent subfolder.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

8 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, you might want to save your sys_nand files found in the GTN subfolder. They store your device settings, routes and user waypoints and might be loaded in the new trainer once put into the new trainer 6.41 equivalent subfolder.

And after that I can delete the "GTN trainer data" folder?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi,

I'd guess yes! Besides the non volatile memory files, the other files are the databases and the resources 'only' and are superseded with the ones installed with the latest trainer.

I have the same issue, having just purchased the GTN 750, no matter how carefully I check the flight plan location according to the documentation, in the Jetstream J32 at least, no plans show up in the catalog. Any clues anybody? Using version 6.41, X-Plane 11.10.

I now notice that the Garmin Trainer executable finds the flight plans in the catalog folder, but the Reality-XP GTN 750 does not. What is that telling me?

With X-Plane 11.01 and the Jetstream J32 and the Reality-XP GTN 750, no flight plans show up in the catalog menu. They appear in the Garmin Trainer just fine, including my own plans created with the new 1.8.4 export function in Little Navmap (thanks Alex for the most wonderful program!).

Given this, what could be wrong? My error, or a defect?

[Sorry, this should have been posted in the Reality XP X-Plane forum. I don't know how to shift it.]

Hi all,

A very careful reinstall of the Reality XP GTN 750 and the Garmin Trainer cleared up this issue.

I had installed the Garmin Trainer separately, and also aborted the process a couple of times when it appeared to be hung - not very wise in hindsight. By solely using the GTN 750 installer which installs the Garmin Trainer for you, everything is now fully functional. And what a delight to be able to import user defined waypoints. And amazingly, just today the new 1.8.4 Little Navmap can export to the GTN 750 in X-Plane.

• Upvote 1

@andro_b I'm glad you've solved the issue, but please, try not to cross-post, it makes it harder to provide support otherwise.

Just updated GTN and littlenavmap to latest versions and using the dedicated export to GTN function, the route do not show up for import to the GTN. Any ideas anyone?

On 10/21/2017 at 3:49 PM, floydcox said:

Only seeing flight plans based in the UK - EGNX.EGLL etc, no plans show up from other areas, LFMN.LFML, etc. Any ideas?

I certainly do! I have this problem also. In my case, the issue is that the flight plan name has to start with a letter within a certain range. ie A-E or something. I don't know the exact range, but I now begin all of my flight plan names with a_ and they show up fine.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+