Sign in to follow this  
AZMRA

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch no add-on menu (solution)

OK - I am running FSX (non-Steam version).  When I check for the file logs in the My Documents folder, I only see the ones for my GNS series.  I am beginning to think the GTN may not have fully installed? The trainer is working as a "stand alone".  Not sure what happened.

54 minutes ago, staggtr said:

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\32\rxpGTN_menu.dll</Path>

In this case it would be easy to cross check the path indicated in the DLL.xml contains the RXP files.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The last item you might be missing then is simconnect. You'd need to install it. For FS-SE, that would be minimum of simconnect FSX-SP2.

You can find the installer typically here:

SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/FSX/SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnect SDK/LegacyInterfaces/FSX-XPACK

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Sorry, but I am lost.....

I have tried all last night and this afternoon on getting this setup. I am running FSX only (NOT steam) but do have service pack 2 installed. I tried re-installing simconnect where I found the installer and I find nothing that says "LegacyInterfaces" in my SimConnect SDK folder, but it is not in any SteamLibrary folder, it is in my Microsoft games folder .  I have read all the manuals and can't figure out where this didn't work.

I appreciate your help, but I feel I need more detailed installation help as I am not an expert on this stuff.  Should I give up and stay with the working GNS 430 and request a refund?

Hi I'm sorry I think I've read FSX (steam version) instead of FSX (non-steam version).

Can you please right click your FSX.exe / properties / details and let me know the exact file version?

This is the version for "Flight Simulator X SP1"

You have to install at least FSX SP2 or FSX ACC.

I am running FSX DE and when i navigate as the person suggested in the previous message I already have all of that coding.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Reality XP GNS V2 Menu</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32\rxpGNS2_menu.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Reality XP GTN Menu</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\32\rxpGTN_menu.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

15 hours ago, martincharles31 said:

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\32\rxpGNS2_menu.dll</Path>

15 hours ago, martincharles31 said:

These are the patch where the 'modules' handling the menus are installed. You might want to cross check they were not 'quarantined' by anti-virus, or at least they are there.

1 hour ago, RXP said:

These are the patch where the 'modules' handling the menus are installed. You might want to cross check they were not 'quarantined' by anti-virus, or at least they are there.

I Just checked its not there.

isn't it there (anti-virus quarantined files) or isn't it there (aforementioned folders)?

If the former: add these files to the A/V white list, if the latter: reinstall the product and check they are indeed copied there.