Sign in to follow this  
AZMRA

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch no add-on menu (solution)

Hi, this post should set the 5100th mark (I've missed the 5000th celebration).

I'm afraid I have difficulties following the discussion with short fragments of answers. It might prove helpful you provide lengthier answers with more details so as to make sure we can understand the progress.

Trying to sump up: you have installed the product, the installer has added the correct entries to the FSX-SE XML file, but has failed to copy the rxpGNS2_menu.dll and the rxpGTN_menu.dll files into their respective folders ( ":\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\[GNS|GTN] Simulation\FltSim\32\" ).

Reinstalling once more didn't copy the '_menu.dll' files either.

These files are not flagged/quarantined by your antivirus program (NB: this is not firewall related, but anti-virus related).

Do you have the following files installed though?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\readme.rtf"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\Reality XP GTN Touch FltSim.pdf"

Do you have the following file installed too?

"[path to FSX-SE]\Gauges\rxpGTN.dll"

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

yes all those files are there.   I know this is challenging that's why i  wanted to get a refund.  We should not have to do this much troubleshooting as a consumer.

You are right, this shouldn't be challenging. Nevertheless, do you also have the following folder:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\32"

Can you please tell me what are the files in this folder?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

21 hours ago, RXP said:

These are the patch where the 'modules' handling the menus are installed. You might want to cross check they were not 'quarantined' by anti-virus, or at least they are there.

20 hours ago, martincharles31 said:

I Just checked its not there.

Great, I'm glad you've solved the problem!

You initially reported after reinstallation the file was not present in the location setup in the XML file, now it is there. Have you tried reinstalling once more?

In any case, all yours files are properly installed. The only remaining reason for a menu not loading up is a missing/failed standard FSX component, namely, SimConnect.

It is documented in this thread here:

Have you opened the aforementioned link? It has all explanations needed and tells you what to do exactly.

Applause......

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Martin, you're making progress in the good direction!

Can you please post the content of any 'rxp' log file (see User's Manual for file/path)?