Sign in to follow this  
planenut

No Top Down View

How do you assign a button or key for Top Down View in v4.1.  I don't see a Top Down View selection option in the Key/Button list in the Control Section.  P3D v3 has that selection which I used a lot.  Comes in handy for taxing around an airport.

Jim

Just use the S key to go into spot view and cycle the A key several times, I have both the S & A mapped to yoke buttons so it's a quick move. Also IIRC the F12 key is mapped there.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for the advice.  Seems strange that they did away with the Top Down View option that they had in v3.  

Jim

I am also on V4.1 and it still works as before. I have in the key assignments "view camera 4" assigned to F12 and that gives me a top down view.

Did you recently install something new ? some aircraft or tools reassign this.

b rdgs / Dick

=

Hey Dick,

I did just install Chaseplane so maybe that has something to do with it.  I'll try that view camera 4 and see how that does.  I've always been a little fuzzy on how to use the view camera (x) options.  How did you know that camera 4 would give you the top down view?  Thanks for the info.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Just delete your camera,cfg and let P3D rebuild a new one,

That should solve your issue.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi David,

Took your advice and it worked ok.  The Top Down View is still not listed but F12 is the default for it.  That works ok so I'll go with it.  Thanks for the help.

Jim

7 hours ago, planenut said:

Hey Dick,

I did just install Chaseplane so maybe that has something to do with it.  I'll try that view camera 4 and see how that does.  I've always been a little fuzzy on how to use the view camera (x) options.  How did you know that camera 4 would give you the top down view?  Thanks for the info.

Jim

Jim, indeed chaseplane does take over this view.

In your camera,cfg [cameradefintion.006] should end with "HotKeyselect=4"

Any other hotkeyselect=4 options should be hashed out .. that is to say you put "//" in front of the line

As far as I remember Chaseplane added the hotkeyselect=x to their cameradefintions and effectively override the default views. So I hashed out the chaseplane one's

Does chaseplane still work after rebuilding your cameras.cfg ?

b rdgs / Dick

My pleasure Jim!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi Dick,

Yeah, Chaseplane still works ok after deleting the Camera.cfg.  Nothing changed there.  And thanks again for the info.

Jim

Hi guys::

Rebuilt the camera.cfg file and checked the file for any other hotkey select=4 entries (none) and I do have Chase Plane.  If I hit F12 I get a shift to a cockpit wing view.  View camera 4 is set to F12. I can get it by hitting the S key and cycling A after 3 hits as VGBARON suggested.

Just seems like there should be an easier way???  I'm on P3DV4.1 and F12 did work before Chase Plane install.

Dennis