Sign in to follow this  
rob roberson

P3D 4.1 upgrade Loss of WX Radar Functionality

After successfully upgrading to P3D V4.1, Weather radar shows no returns. ActiveSky for P3Dv4 installed. All was functioning before upgrade. Checked HiFi forums, no visibility on this yet. Flying PMDG QOTSII 747F. Anyone else seeing this? 

31 minutes ago, rob roberson said:

After successfully upgrading to P3D V4.1, Weather radar shows no returns. ActiveSky for P3Dv4 installed. All was functioning before upgrade. Checked HiFi forums, no visibility on this yet. Flying PMDG QOTSII 747F. Anyone else seeing this? 

Just checked - works fine here.

Make sure you install their latest update to their product, and allow it to run the asconnect install before you launch the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

OK, guys, my bad. I thought that update was a little too easy. I am a relative newby to P3D. This is my first foray since launch day of P3Dv4. Since I moved over, I have not looked back at FSX once. Long time simmer since C-64 and all FS versions.

I did update AS P3D. But I actually needed to uninstall and reinstall the client, and optionally, Content and Scenery along with regenerating the p3d...cfg and the scenery folder. All of this laid out in the P3D forum. (sheepish grin). What can I say. I will not make that mistake again. We learn by doing and occasionally making mistakes. 

Kyle, thanks for the heads up on the ActiveSky update too. It may have been ActiveSky and my botched P3D update that affected radar. In any case I have my WX radar back.  Love the 747F. Didn't think I would ever stop flying the 777F.

I will also mention, that prior to this platform, one could fly through the severe turbulence zone with impunity (I know one is supposed to give the cells a wide berth). Not so anymore. Gets pretty rough in there, so now best to avoid it. Great stuff. Hope some of this helps someone else who like me forgot about the separate components of P3D. 

2 hours ago, rob roberson said:

Kyle, thanks for the heads up on the ActiveSky update too. It may have been ActiveSky and my botched P3D update that affected radar. In any case I have my WX radar back.

Glad to hear it. Sorry you had to do all that extra work. I didn't have to, but your post will be good info for anyone who sees the same thing.

Kyle Rodgers