Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Latest update ?

I've been patiently waiting to see if there's backward comparability with older FSX airplanes equipped with the RXP GNS530/430.

I want the GNS 430 on my L39 and GNS 530 on my Realair Duke v2 and I don't want to play with the panel configuration.

I have several Carenado and Milviz planes that also use the original RXP gauges.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Jose,

I'm not sure to understand if you are asking a question about configuration, or if you are posting an affirmation that it integrates with older FSX airplanes.

You might want to start with the following thread which our customers are generously providing for others to use:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

18 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi Jose,

I'm not sure to understand if you are asking a question about configuration, or if you are posting an affirmation that it integrates with older FSX airplanes.

You might want to start with the following thread which our customers are generously providing for others to use:

I have FSX airplanes that came with the panel mod for RXP GNS 430/530 v1. The airplane devs gave you the option to use the default gps or RXP. I always chose the RXP 530 or 430.

Those planes now work in P3d v4.1, but the old RXP gauges do NOT.

Does the new gns 530/430 work with my older planes without having to change the panel? If not can you create the file that will allow the gauges to work as they did in the past version?

I want what I had in FSX and I want to buy the new RXP versions.

Hi and thank you for the clarification.

The panel configuration options you are referring to are made by each airplane vendor. These are not Reality XP's configurations though.

The GNS V2 and the legacy are also different products. Although it might look the same on the surface, they are inherently different not only because GNS V2 uses a newer Garmin trainer with GNS software 3.3, but also because it offers much more configuration options, HIDPI graphics, different gauge names, different gauge size, and for VC integration, it now offers a feature once only available to our professional customers: 'nobezel', which allows having a screen-only GNS V2 in the panel.

All of this implies there is no 'click-n-swap' automatic option to replace the old with the new as-is. However, our assistant can get you started with a 'click-n-replace' which will change the gauge in the panel.cfg file for you. From there on, you might have to manually make further adjustments.

Otherwise, you might want to lobby your favourite aircraft vendors for updating their configuration options to GNS V2, it might be much easier for them and won't take long to do in most cases.

Last but not least, you might want to post specific request on this forum, and as our customer base grows, someone might come with a mod and generously share it in the aforementioned panel configuration thread.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

I have FSX airplanes that came with the panel mod for RXP GNS 430/530 v1. The airplane devs gave you the option to use the default gps or RXP. I always chose the RXP 530 or 430.

Those planes now work in P3d v4.1, but the old RXP gauges do NOT.

Does the new gns 530/430 work with my older planes without having to change the panel? If not can you create the file that will allow the gauges to work as they did in the past version?

I want what I had in FSX and I want to buy the new RXP versions.

I have the new GNS V2 working in the RealAir B60 Duke and the Baytower RV7.

It DOES take some work to get it all operating correctly, but all indications are that it can be done.

Bert

On 10/15/2017 at 1:16 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I have the new GNS V2 working in the RealAir B60 Duke and the Baytower RV7.

It DOES take some work to get it all operating correctly, but all indications are that it can be done.

Thanks Buddy!