Sign in to follow this  
Leiz

Linda turns off the whole plane

Hallo,

i have a big Problem wiith my TT-Panel and Linca and it's verry frustrating so i hope you could help me. After starting the plane i switch on Lights or something else and you hear some klack klack klack and the whole plane is off. Bat off, Engines Cuttoff etc. it's like all Button are going to the off position :-( . 

My setup:

Software:

FSUIPC 5.12b

P3D V4.1

Linda 3.03

PMDG B474 (Version 3.00.8464) Linda Modul Version 1.1

Hardware

TT-Panel

Boeing MCP V2

MS-Panel

Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and Thrustlever

Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant

--------------------------------

I tried to switch all buttons on and off befor starting the startup procedure but no luck... 

I could'n reproduce the problem. Sometimes it happend directly after starup when switching on taxi lights, sometimes on linup the runway, sometimes on final app....  

Is there a Problem with my TT-Panel because it only happend with buttons on the TT-Panel? 

Best regards

Hans

Hi Hans

The cluck-cluck you are hearing is all the switches on your TT panel being actioned when to operate a switch for the first time after starting or resetting LINDA. The reason is that LINDA is unable to read the switch positions until the first switch is operated. The same problem occurs with other switch panels like Saitek's. You need to make sure any switches that turn your engines or power off are in the right position before you start. Then you must operate at least one switch before you do anything critical.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot,

thank you for the quick reply! Do i understand this right, before start loading the plane I Switch all switches to the on position and after loading i could switch them off and start as normal?

Hi Hans

Yes. You need to set the switches to reflect/match the default positions within your aircraft before loading the aircraft or LINDA. Therefore, if your aircraft always starts with engines running then you need to set the power/engine switches to on. Also after starting or restarting LINDA (ie. LINDA Ready!), you need to operate one switch so that LINDA can action all the switch positions.

I had a problem with my Saitek switch panel which has a engine start selector and a landing gear lever. I had the engine selector set to off and when I tried to raise the landing gear after take off my engines cut out causing me to crash. Very embarrassing! It took me ages to figure out what was going wrong. LINDA 3.0.3 now flashes the Saitek panel LEDs after a restart to prompt users to take the necessary action before it becomes critical.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yes this is very embarrassing when you just lining up and shut down the plane on the runway... Thank you for your quick help! I tried it and it seems to work :-). I'll keep an eye on it. 

Greetings from Germany

Hans

p.s.: Donation is on its way!

Nichts zu danken 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK