Sign in to follow this  
tman41291

CTD

55 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Hi Dan. Thanks for your suggestion, But no. No Navigraph other that the last Airac. Now trying the same aircraft in a different area of the world. Imaginesim's VIDP to FlyTampa's LGAV.

On that flight to KMIA, I wish I knew how to do a Direct to properly to bypass that HIBAC waypoint that was causing my hiccups.

Rick, repeated crash events at the same location has to be related to something that keeps track of your location.  There is no known PMDG bug that would behave like this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, in no way was I implying it was PMDG-aircraft related bug as is being proved right now on the 3000nm flight I currently am on and not a blip.

I'm not an expert in the terminology used in sceneries, and where I was at HIBAC is the default P3Dv4 scenery, and it was something there that was repeatedly causing the CTD because I kept going back up the track from Boston downwards, and each time as soon I was within spitting distance of HIBAC. Bang!

Something in a scenery is triggering that ntdll.dll, as I am not going to even begin to subscribe that a repaint, would cause this one particular DLL which is the bane of flightsimming.

19 hours ago, vc10man said:

Dan, in no way was I implying it was PMDG-aircraft related bug as is being proved right now on the 3000nm flight I currently am on and not a blip.

I'm not an expert in the terminology used in sceneries, and where I was at HIBAC is the default P3Dv4 scenery, and it was something there that was repeatedly causing the CTD because I kept going back up the track from Boston downwards, and each time as soon I was within spitting distance of HIBAC. Bang!

Something in a scenery is triggering that ntdll.dll, as I am not going to even begin to subscribe that a repaint, would cause this one particular DLL which is the bane of flightsimming.

I brought up an Hi Enroute on SkyVector to have a look at HIBAC.  It's about ORLr070/99 which is a little interesting.  My first bug when I was a brand new beta on the MD11 was a crash at a same location.  I tracked it down to the DME going from 100 to 99 and it turned out to be a bug in the gauge code going from three digits to two.  I wonder if your event happens if you are either inbound or outbound?  I don't think a scenery object could be involved... you're too far away. 

You can replace HIBAC with a custom waypoint such as ORL070/99.

Dan Downs KCRP

Last night I did a flight in the 747-400 from Imaginesim's VIDP(Delhi, India) to FlyTampa's LGAV(Athens,Greece) and not even as much as murmur of a hiccup/CTD. As smooth as a flight I could possibly have wished.

Thanks for that sterling piece of detective worth, Dan. I only tried it inbound. I was going to next try the route in reverse to see if the same occurred. As I still have the Saved flight prior to making the turn right to the track that took me to HIBAC, I will try your suggested waypoint.

I had a gut feeling if somebody was going to nail this rogue waypoint, it'd be you. Thanks again.