Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Flight Planner for GTN

i didin't know this flight Planner. Thank you for sharing :)

• Upvote 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

That's really cool!

Maybe in the future we'll have a utility that can pass flight plans from a tablet over Wifi/Bluetooth to the Trainer.  You can do this in real airplanes if it has a late-model GTN or GNS and a Garmin FlightStream module.  P3Dv4 already has a built in feature to send your aircraft position to ForeFlight and maybe other pilot apps.

iFlightplanner.com now has the ability to write and save or download a Garmin GTN compatible .GFP file.  I posted a summary or description of how this works for GNS .flt files and most of it applies to .GFP file export as well.  Just look for the GFP selection at the top of the iFlightplanner navlog after creating your plan. 

That topic is only a couple of days old and is in the RXP GTN area here:

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have been searching for the correct path to save XP-GTN 750 flight plans to and not having much luck. If you know the path, I would appreciate highly.

Thanks RXP,

I am still learning all this. I found that the actual folder is located here: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

Once again,

Thanks

Hi! I am using the latest version of LNM(2.0.3)

However, the flight plan I made by it always showed some WPT invalid and locked in my GTN 750, no matter if the WPT are  made by myself( exported to user.wpt) or built-in wpt.

If I use the same wpts but manually key in to GTN 750, then there was no problem.

Any idea what I can do or what was wrong?

Thanks.

ps. I am using P3D v4.3, with A2A Comanche 250.

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Hi Iching,

Locked waypoints are usually the result of a data mismatch - the waypoint has no reference for the waypoint included in your flight plan... You can go into the GTN and delete the locked waypoint - or try a different route that doesn't include that waypoint...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

22 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Iching,

Locked waypoints are usually the result of a data mismatch - the waypoint has no reference for the waypoint included in your flight plan... You can go into the GTN and delete the locked waypoint - or try a different route that doesn't include that waypoint...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks! Scott,

However, if I enter the same wpts manually, there is no problem. Does that mean there is nothing wrong with the wpt?

I have edited those wpt. and saved them and export them to the user.wpt. file.

BTW, how can I know which wpt is locked? It seemed only showed "Locked" and I could not tell which wpt is the problem.

THanks again!

Edited by divinglyc

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Hi, you might want to first read the Garmin Pilot's Guide, I'm certain this is all well documented too!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi, you might want to first read the Garmin Pilot's Guide, I'm certain this is all well documented too!

Thanks! It's not the one included with GTN package?

OK, I will try to google it.

Iching Lee from Taiwan

@divinglyc it is installed with the trainer and this is the real manual covering all the features.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)