Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

Weather..

This might be a stretch in what's possible for this unit, but is there any possibility that weather can be displayed on the GTN series?

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Hi, in a real GTN, certainly!

In a Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch, that would be cool.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi, in a real GTN, certainly!

In a Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch, that would be cool.

That would have to be implemented in the trainer software?

If a transparent overlay gauge could sit on top?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think a feature like that that works perhaps with AS16 or some other source will really push this product over the top in popularity.

@Gregg_Seipp this wouldn't work, because GTN support for Wx RDR also include controlling the Wx RDR via the touch screen interface.

An example of this kind of integration: open our GTN Traffic page, and see how you can change the 'SHIELD' parameters!

Our GTN traffic simulation is not just displaying moving targets on the screen, it is computing TCAS data with a professional grade TCAS II simulation set to TA only mode, which passes all 250 TSIM tests, and interfacing it to the GTN like a real Ryan TCAD 9900 system does. NB: the GTN Software 4.61 is now capable of RA as well, and we are exploring the possibility to enable this mode!

@Caribpilot you might not know about this, but Reality XP has been the first, and to my knowledge the only one, to offer a realistic WX 500 RDR simulation 10 years ago already, which does not depend on any third party Wx software, and works with the actual FltSim wx and clouds for the most accurate picture possible (at least at the time).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Rex milviz radar is really good and works with all weather addons, but is, most of the time, not compatible with P3D last version of the moment (we are waiting for a P3Dv4 compatibility for months ago), so totally useless, because good products with weak support are useless.

So, my Wx500 is waiting for being updated ;)

• Upvote 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

4 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

Rex milviz radar is really good and works with all weather addons, but is, most of the time, not compatible with P3D last version of the moment (we are waiting for a P3Dv4 compatibility for months ago), so totally useless, because good products with weak support are useless.

So, my Wx500 is waiting for being updated ;)

True. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@Gregg_Seipp this wouldn't work, because GTN support for Wx RDR also include controlling the Wx RDR via the touch screen interface.

An example of this kind of integration: open our GTN Traffic page, and see how you can change the 'SHIELD' parameters!

Our GTN traffic simulation is not just displaying moving targets on the screen, it is computing TCAS data with a professional grade TCAS II simulation set to TA only mode, which passes all 250 TSIM tests, and interfacing it to the GTN like a real Ryan TCAD 9900 system does. NB: the GTN Software 4.61 is now capable of RA as well, and we are exploring the possibility to enable this mode!

@Caribpilot you might not know about this, but Reality XP has been the first, and to my knowledge the only one, to offer a realistic WX 500 RDR simulation 10 years ago already, which does not depend on any third party Wx software, and works with the actual FltSim wx and clouds for the most accurate picture possible (at least at the time).

Over the years I've always heard that the WX 500 was very good but I've never tried it before. Will there be a V2 of this product?

If the GTN series could accommodate a WX overlay in the Weather menu that would also be quite nice.