Sign in to follow this  
RXP

GTN touchscreen not accurate in VC

Hi, a quick note to let you know we've identified a bug in a last minute change which makes the touchscreen not accurate/offset in the VC. We've now fixed it and we will release a small update tomorrow with the fix.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for fixing it so quickly :)

• Upvote 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Thank you for your kind words!

In addition we're rolled-in:

- nobezel option when replacing existing VC gauge with the assistant.

- fixed not only the touchscreen in the VC, but also the touchscreen with nobezel (these were 2 unrelated bugs).

- fixed the keyboard shortcuts not working.

- fixed the SHIFT+RIGHT click top edge with nobezel.

There are a couple more tests to do before we release the update, but it progressing well.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

17 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

Thank you for fixing it so quickly :)

+1

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

48 minutes ago, RXP said:

Thank you for your kind words!

In addition we're rolled-in:

- nobezel option when replacing existing VC gauge with the assistant.

Very good new for people not comfortable with manual manipulations of panel.cfg and rxp config files.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I'm sure this new nobezel option in the assistant will be of good use with panels pre-configured with other gauges indeed.

As for the "quickly", I'm sorry we didn't make it for today, but it shall be good for tomorrow.

Probably a lot of you are discovering our GTN Touch for the first time in FltSim, but our X-Plane customers have been experiencing the same level of fluidity, lag-free experience and jitter free graphics for more than a year now!

Those accustomed to our X-Plane forum might have noticed an issue named 'black screen' popping up from time to time. We've been working on this since our initial release with good success lately, but today, for the first, time, during development of the FltSim update, we've been hit with a constant black screen every time.

You can read more about this story in our X-Plane forum:

By the way, X-Plane 11 is really a very nice simulator too, and I personally enjoy it a lot as well ;-)

For example, both our GNS V2 and GTN can be configured to link either pilot or copilot side instruments (X-Plane has 2 distinct sets!), they work with PilotEdge and XSquawkBox to offer TCAD + the TX/RX flags when voice- communicating over the radios (both on GTN and GNS), all with stutter free flights! The XPDR IDENT and REPLY is a standard X-Plane feature our GTN connects with (in case you have third party software using it too) and a few more benefits compared to the FltSim platform.

On 10/16/2017 at 7:38 PM, RXP said:

As for the "quickly", I'm sorry we didn't make it for today, but it shall be good for tomorrow.

Hi J-L,

I'm not clear if this fix was part of v2.4.8, or not?  Not rushing you...just a sanity check. :blink:  Easily fixed by using the bezel version and sizing it larger to center the display the VC panel hole. 

I purchased the GTN750v2 for P3D today, 2.4.8 is the version installed, and I'm experiencing touchscreen alignment issues when using a manual "no bezel" gauge.

P.S.  Thank you so much for coming back and jumping in to P3D development.  I love the integration features, especially "use FS waypoints".  These features are sorely missed with the other developer's version, plus the RXP gauges use far fewer system resources.  F1GTN always had a huge performance impact for me whereas I have only a minimal impact with the RXP GTN. 

10 minutes ago, C525B said:

P.S.  Thank you so much for coming back and jumping in to P3D development.  I love the integration features, especially "use FS waypoints".  These features are sorely missed with the other developer's version, plus the RXP gauges use far fewer system resources.  F1GTN always had a huge performance impact for me whereas I have only a minimal impact with the RXP GTN. 

+1

On 16/10/2017 at 3:55 AM, RXP said:

There are a couple more tests to do before we release the update, but it progressing well.

How can we have the update ? directly in reality xp site ? 

Hi,

We've needed the whole day to fix something else, hopefully, tomorrow is the day of the release.

@Somnona Settings Panel | Check Udpates... is the easiest way, otherwise just monitor the forum for a pinned thread once released!