Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FTX releases AU AI Traffic for P3D v4

I was wondering how this would work for those of us who are already running AI package in P3D v4 such as WOAI, this pirated AI program initials not allowed, MT6, UTLive, etc?

Will the FTX AI traffic work in tandem with the existing AI packages or how does it work exactly? I just want to be sure there's no conflicts.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I guess it is an "own" .bgl based AI traffic covering AUS. Means: yes, if you already have AI traffic for AUS, this would end in double flights. Unless you use a Traffic Software such as UT2, UTLive, MyTraffic, where you could deactivate the flights / airlines from AUS specifically.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Easier than that, just turn FTX au bgl to OFF in world scenery, it is only only one file. When you fly in AU and NZ just turn it back on

Covers New Zealand too AnKH, so if you fly to/from NZ,  or AU you either enable or disable. If using UT Live and you want to use  FTX ai, just use Cntrl F11 and disable UTLive. Easier to combine both with UT than MT6, as with UT you can do it on the fly.

• Upvote 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Another side note (I hope it is allowed to post such a tip...): after installation, you can basically use the vast diversity and the Prepar3d v4 compatible AI models coming with the FTX package to improve your UT2 or UTLive General Aviation setup. I did that already back in the v3 days, I simply reassigned all the UT2 GA planes to variants from the FTX AI package to greatly improve the GA traffic injected by UT2. Only the registrations do not match, but thats a minor issue. Why I did this: UT2 uses the default planes for GA traffic. This results in low diversity and terrible performance, as the default planes are tremendously more heavy on performance than the AI models. Like this, I have now a wonderful diverse GA AI traffic worldwide (with all using VH- or ZK- registry, so what...). Takes some time to assign those planes in UT2, but it is worth it.

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The real question is how did ORBX manage to get permission from those original authors to update all those models and paints when those so-called "pirate AI" packages could not? As Mel Brooks once said, "It's good to be the king". I remember paying $10 for the HTAI Cessna single engine offering and now here it is updated for P3d4 for free.

6 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The real question is how did ORBX manage to get permission from those original authors to update all those models and paints when those so-called "pirate AI" packages could not? As Mel Brooks once said, "It's good to be the king". I member paying $10 for the HTAI Cessna single engine offering and now here it is updated for P3d4 for free.

Hmmmmm....

Good question. But I am sure ORBX has a deal covering this. At least you must have an ORBX account for using the ORBX AI Traffic. So, while you could basically have it for free when not using any payware airport, it is rather unlikely that there are many users around using FTX Central but not owning any payware product. Then this should be fine...

Greetings, Chris