Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigo Barbosa

Freezing, stutters on P3D v4.1

Hello all!

I'm having a strange problem in Prepar3D v 4.1: everytime I use right mouse click to turn a knob or flick a switch, the simulator stops and freezes for a few seconds.

Then the screen flickers, the switch or knob changes position and the right mouse button menu opens.

It started after upgrading to 4.1.

I'm using 60 Hz refresh rate, unlimited frames and vertical sync. Video card is NVidia 1070 GTX.

Save your p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off.  Restart P3D and let the config build a new config.  See if it continues.  Make sure P3D.cfg is used to control your video card and your graphics card settings are the default for P3D.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, regarding add-ons...

I have PMDG 737, A2A's Connie, C172and C182 and ORBX Global with Vector.

Too much add-ons, maybe they are not ready for 4.1 (although A2A released an update on the 10th).

I tried deleting the config file. Didn't work. Now when I give a command with the mouse, like changing the mixture or throttle, the sim stops, freezes, and then 20 seconds later it responds. 

Really unplayable.

I do habe FSUIPC 5 installed, I'll look to see if it is interfering with something.

3 minutes ago, Rodrigo Barbosa said:

FSUIPC 5 installed, I'll look to see if it is interfering with something.

Make sure the fsuipc5 is up to date as it is updated when bugs are found and that could have been 2 hours ago.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Thanks.

Problem solved.

I updated to FSUIPC5 version 5.121b, and now it is working perfectly.

Thank you for the tip.

P.S.: Never thought that FSUIPC would have anything to do with it. Flight Simulators: living and learning! :emu: 

I've experienced similar behavior with the mouse causing stuttering and the "b" FSUIPC 5 update "fixed" it. But I think that there's something wrong with the P3d4 Mouse Look/Mouse Yoke logic even when both are supposedly disabled and the FSUIPC update masked the problem in the sim.

Hi all, Where exactly can I find FSUIPC5 version 5.121b?

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

47 minutes ago, georgio1952 said:

FSUIPC5 update 5.121c

What is this...Is this for certain an updated version?

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

UPDATE:

Well, it still remains.

Eithers FSUIPC 5 "b" or "c" updates didn't solve the problem.

Everytime I use the right mouse button to flip a switch, the sim freezes, processes some application outside the sim, and then the sim accepts the given command and works normally.

I disbaled mouse yoke and mouse look, and no success, the bug still remains. 

I believe it is something related to P3D v4.1 itself, not FSUIPC.   

Make sure that you create a thread about this on the official LM forum if you haven't already done so. Also, read over Pete Dowson's thread again about this issue on the official FSUIPC forum. He made a comment about disabling the <spacebar> P3d4 keyboard shortcut (Toggle Mouse Look) but I wasn't sure what he meant.