Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigo Barbosa

Freezing, stutters on P3D v4.1

I had the same 20 second pause which was precluded by a slight stutter on the ground-roll during takeoff.  I did notice a message on the client PC that my server (sim PC) was no longer connected to the network.  I disabled the few contents of the dll.xml and exe.xml and it did not resolve the issue.  I uninstalled P3D v3 and P3D v4.1 and have reinstalled v4.1 only.  I did not have any issues with mouse clicking.

So far I have installed the following one by one, no pauses as of yet:

FSUIPC5

FSForce Yoke

Orbx Global, Vector, OpenLC Europe, OpenLC Alaska & Canada, Orbx Library

Carendado DO228

PMDG 737 Base

Using the following apps:

ActiveSky for P3D v4 (networked)

Naturalpoint TrackIr 5

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm really curious what NVidia drivers people are using for P3dv4 and P3Dv4.1? Would love to know what most people are experiencing. Are people still using 376.33? I've been experiencing massive stutters since upgrading to 4.1. Prior to 4.1, I used 376.33 in 4.0 which was flawless, but the same driver in 4.1 produced massive stutters, which occurred every 40sec for about 2-3 seconds intervals (Very annoying). I've tried a few other drivers, including Nvidia's latest official 387.92 , but that was absolutely horrible. Currently, I'm using a hotfix driver 387.98 found here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98. So far it has lots of promises. Its the best so far in my opinion, though I'm still testing it out just to make sure its the right one for me. Maybe some of you should give it a try.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

2 hours ago, troyboy66 said:

I'm really curious what NVidia drivers people are using for P3dv4 and P3Dv4.1? Would love to know what most people are experiencing. Are people still using 376.33? I've been experiencing massive stutters since upgrading to 4.1. Prior to 4.1, I used 376.33 in 4.0 which was flawless, but the same driver in 4.1 produced massive stutters, which occurred every 40sec for about 2-3 seconds intervals (Very annoying). I've tried a few other drivers, including Nvidia's latest official 387.92 , but that was absolutely horrible. Currently, I'm using a hotfix driver 387.98 found here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98. So far it has lots of promises. Its the best so far in my opinion, though I'm still testing it out just to make sure its the right one for me. Maybe some of you should give it a try.

If I am reading all this, I am asking where is the benefit of updating to 4.1 if everthing was good in 4.0 (unless you use VR)?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

If I am reading all this, I am asking where is the benefit of updating to 4.1 if everthing was good in 4.0 (unless you use VR)?

Version 4.1 of the SDK corrected a lot of bugs from Simconnect that were present since FSX, as a result many developers will need to "Correct their Add-on's" to work correctly under PD3 4.1. One of the bugs were "wrong" units of measurement being reported by the ESP engine from Simconnect, this is why EZdok, A2A and many other tools broke as soon as version 4.1 was released.

The position is that now all developers will start using the new SDK as it is now corrected and working "as it should have been" 10 years ago, so you will find soon lots of Add-on's will be only compatible with version 4.1 or higher, so if you don't "UPDATE" you would be unable to apply updates from many of your favourite developers.

For example, if you have version 4.0 and you apply the latest updates from ASCA or A2A they will not work correctly, and accordingly they are advising users to do not install their latest updates until you are fully upgraded to 4.1.

The consequences are that if you don't update to 4.1, you will find yourself on an unsupported platform as developers will continue moving forward with the new SDK delivering updates for tools with new features, fixes, etc. that you would be unable to install and use under V4.0.

Best Regards,

Simbol

On 10/16/2017 at 7:06 PM, Cargostorm said:

Agree wholeheartedly.  This updating business gets more and more problematic and certainly not the quite simple exercise we were all told it was when 4.1 was released.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 16/10/2017 at 11:22 PM, Rodrigo Barbosa said:

UPDATE:

Well, it still remains.

Eithers FSUIPC 5 "b" or "c" updates didn't solve the problem.

Everytime I use the right mouse button to flip a switch, the sim freezes, processes some application outside the sim, and then the sim accepts the given command and works normally.

I disbaled mouse yoke and mouse look, and no success, the bug still remains. 

I believe it is something related to P3D v4.1 itself, not FSUIPC.   

Anyone had this problem solved? I'm having the same problem here on P3D V4.2 and FSUIPC 5.124

Thx...

Not sure why no one is updating to v4.2 which fixed a lot of bugs in 4.1.  I mean, it's a free update!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

26 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Not sure why no one is updating to v4.2 which fixed a lot of bugs in 4.1.  I mean, it's a free update!

I'm already on 4.2...

Didn't mean you.  I meant everyone else who is still on 4.1.  If anyone is using FSUIPC, they should disable it as it is probably conflicting with P3D.  If you do not have FSUIPC running and using P3D's controllers, then it is a problem with P3DV4.2.  If FSUIPC is running, it is a problem with FSUIPC (which is an addon).  Personally I have disabled FSUIPC as I have seen issues with it too with the last update to FSUIPC (v5.124a) I downloaded and installed.  It was stuttering or there were long pauses.  I only use it to get a fsuipc.log. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10