Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Question for anyone regarding AI aircraft disappear

This is a question for everyone and a huge VoxATC problem for me. For single runway airports without a parallel taxiway where the AI have to use the runway for taxi and make a 180 degrees turn just before takeoff (backtrack I think its called) Have you noticed that while making that final turn to align with the takeoff direction that AI just disappear. Why is this, has anyone noticed this or is your AI taking off like normal in these situations? Might it have to do with the turn radius, I dont know what to do. Unfortunately many Greek airports where I fly lack that parallel taxiway and need to use the runway for taxi just like in real life.

mike

I think it's just an FSX thing, sorry..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Mike,
I concur with Mark on this unfortunate AI behaviour. It can be a royal PITA when the airfield is alive with AI making their way to the active runway only to see them vanish, particularly if you were waiting to see a nice paintjob/model take to the skies.

It is unfortunately just FSX/P3D arbitrarily booting aircraft from the schedule or traffic plan, just to keep everything in sync. Sometimes it happens on departure where a queue has formed waiting for landing aircraft (or back-tracking aircraft) it can also happen after an AI aircraft has landed only to disappear before reaching the end of the runway or gate. It can also happen if there are too many AI aircraft in the schedule for the location.
You can alleviate this so some extent by lowering the AI % slider/s, if you have the sliders set toward the maximum try lowering the amount until AI stop disappearing.
Another thing to consider is the time it takes upon loading the scenario into the sim, to settle/stabilize those aircraft already inflight or on approach, (after about 10minutes or so you should start to see a more stable reliable timing of landing and departure per the schedule).

Thanks for your replies guys but I dont think its related to P3D because if I disable Vox and bring back default ATC it works beautifuly.

The back taxi (is the actual phrase) is a relatively new behavior I have just noticed. Previously the AI planes in FSX and VoxATC used to just try to take off from wherever the taxiway meets the runway. Unfortunately, while more realistic, the back taxiing does create more potential for conflict. VoxATC seems to get rid of the conflict by removing a plane. I have noticed this a couple of times when I was about to be hit, and would rather have the plane disappear than have to reboot the flight (which used to happen more often in previous versions of VoxATC). Although, I do not think this is the most elegant of solutions it does work.

Mad_Mac, I dont think the back taxi is a new ATC behavior, I have seen it way back from the FSX heydays :) Rather, it depends how the airports AFX is configured and where you set the starting point for the runway.

Mike 

11 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Mad_Mac, I dont think the back taxi is a new ATC behavior, I have seen it way back from the FSX heydays :) Rather, it depends how the airports AFX is configured and where you set the starting point for the runway.

Mike 

I fly out of West Bend KETB regularly. The taxiway for runway 13 joins with 5/6ths of the runway available. Until this release I’ve never seen AI planes back taxi on that runway. Maybe with less runway available they were more likely to back taxi in previous versions. 

On 17.10.2017 at 9:28 AM, mikced76 said:

Mike 

Hi Mike,

sorry for my bad english, it is not my preffered language. I'm under construction for EDHI (Hamburg Finkenwerder / Airbus Operations). I have the same Problem with this Airport. On both ends of the Runway the Aircraft must do a 180 degree turn. But the Runway Center Line has a loop at the end.

So, what do you mean, it depends on AFX und where the runway starting point ist set?

Can you describe it? Is there any solution?

On EDHI no AI Aircraft comes to the end of the Runway, all AI Traffic will pop off.

Regards Dieter

Dieter, that is the same thing that happends to me. I have no solution to it as of yet. I suspect that it has to do with the turn radius for larger jet aircraft having to make a sharp 180 degrees turn on the runway. Further investigation I notise smaller single and multi engine prop airplanes do not share the same fate. 

There's a contact link on the official VOXATC website. Be prepared before doing so. Here's my unofficial checklist:

1. Use the VOXATC advanced settings utility and enable error logging.

2. Upload a zip file of the error logs to the Cloud via Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc..

3. Contact VOXATC and in your message include a link to the zipped error logs.

As Kevin Firth has summarized in a recent thread here, most VOXATC "bugs" are caused by flaws in 3rd party airport sceneries. This can be tested by disabling the appropriate 3rd party versions and flying the identical flight plan using only stock airports.

Other causes of issues include having multiple copies of a 3rd party airport installed and having problematic AI aircraft active.

Any developer is at a disadvantage if they cannot duplicate the issue encountered by a user. The error logs help to pinpoint the problem.

• Upvote 1