Sign in to follow this  
rikis737

Crash when loaded in

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been already solved on different topic, but during my search for solution, I did not find anything helpful.

When loading in my beautiful PMDG 747V3 my P3D V3.4 stops working as soon as it is loaded. I have tried other aircraft, like the PMDG NGX, and they work fine.

The only change that comes to my head is Windows update. Which looking at the timeline 99% is the cause, because before the update it was working beautifully.

Just to let you know, I am not any tech guru so it would be nice to have the instructions as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Rihards Lieknins.

I have that problem too. I use P3D V3.4 and before the Windows Update KB...788 which came out something like a month ago everything was fine, then I couldn't load any aircraft anymore. I went to my Updates timeline in Windows Settings and deinstalled that Update every time again. Like that it worked again for me. Now however 3 or 4 days ago a new update came out and deinstalling that doesn't help anymore. What I found out now though is that I can load the default scenario and select a new scenario in the sim, that way it works again (for other aircraft to load). But about 30 minutes or 1 hour into a flight the sim crashes all the time now...

Hopefully somebody can give a solution here because this is really annoying :(

Still no solution for this problem?
My 747 v3 in FSX has never worked in Windows 10.

Looks like we are going to be able to fly the 74 again in 14th of November, there is going to be a windows update that fixes the bug that they introduced with these updates. Still I expected a update as soon as the bug is discovered from a company like microsoft...

Guest alanmetcalf

If no fix in November I will asking for a full refund and use other products.

Alan Metcalf

1 hour ago, alanmetcalf said:

If no fix in November I will asking for a full refund and use other products.

Good luck with that one. Not really sure that there's much PMDG can do with regards to a problem created by Microsoft. The same Microsoft issue seems to have occurred to people who were trying to use the QualityWings 787, so it's entirely possible that this affects other products.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Guest alanmetcalf

My Aerosoft aircraft are fine, it's only the pmdg aircraft. Due to their software it could be problematic with future w10 updates.

They wont say what the exact problem is and their is no guarentee of a fix in November.

Alan Metcalf

Alan,

Generally speaking, I try not to find myself in a position in which it is necessary to make a forum user look foolish- but I'm afraid I must in this case.

The issue that you are crying to the heavens about is not PMDG's, it is Microsoft's issue with a bug in their OS update.  I realize you are frustrated at the interruption, but you are essentially blaming the manufacturer of an automobile for the fact that a gas station sold you petrol with water in it.

You sent a rather self important message to tech support with a bunch of uninformed rhetoric about future-proofing and the like- which seemed to ignore the fact that we have spent the past decade adapting our product lines to ensure their compatibility through two OS changes and four simulation platform changes.

Please, do tell us again what we aren't doing?

In your message above you mention PMDG as "they won't say what the exact problem is."  You might consider that we have been running about all over the place collecting information, working the support team around the clock to collect logs and information in order to keep the pressure on Microsoft to fix THEIR problem.

I realize that someone of such self importance prefers to have others snap to orders when you have desires- but in this case we are a bit at the mercy of the OS developer- **WHO HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE PROBLEM IS A RESULT OF AN ERROR IN THEIR UPDATE.**

So yes- by all means please peddle the paranoid conspiracy that "they" have something to do with it- and do take that pesky automobile back the manufacturer to complain that they should make immediate changes to the design on account of water in the fuel line.  It will certainly be for the betterment of all involved...

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

45 minutes ago, alanmetcalf said:

My Aerosoft aircraft are fine, it's only the pmdg aircraft. Due to their software it could be problematic with future w10 updates.

They wont say what the exact problem is and their is no guarentee of a fix in November.

Okay, so your Aerosoft planes work. Fine. I said it was possible that it would affect other products, I did not say it was going to affect other products for sure. As I said, some people were having the exact same problem with the QualityWings 787, so clearly this isn't just a PMDG issue. By that logic, should QualityWings be issuing an update as WEL?

By the way, they actually did say what the problem was. You just need to search around the forum for it, but I'll save you the time of doing that. Have a look here.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Guest alanmetcalf

Wow touched a raw nerve there, take it easy. Sometimes  winding things up gets results.

Focus on the problem not me.

Guest alanmetcalf

Robert

The message sent to Accounts but answered by Support was on a TICKET that I assumed was confidential. It was asking for a refund on all my PMDG products.

I was of course quoted quite fairly, that I had no right to a refund, and the ticket was very promptly closed.

So just be warned all. 

1 hour ago, alanmetcalf said:

Wow touched a raw nerve there, take it easy. Sometimes  winding things up gets results.

Focus on the problem not me.

I'm not sure what kind of results you were expecting when it was already established that the problem was caused by and acknowledged by Microsoft rather than PMDG.

50 minutes ago, alanmetcalf said:

The message sent to Accounts but answered by Support was on a TICKET that I assumed was confidential. It was asking for a refund on all my PMDG products.

I was of course quoted quite fairly, that I had no right to a refund, and the ticket was very promptly closed.

I'm not sure what more you expected. When you bought the plane, it told you right in the shop that "Digitally delivered products are not refundable!"

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Guest alanmetcalf

Can you not read, "quoted quite fairly", relax Captain. I was clearly making the point that tickets raised are confidential and Mr Randazzo should be careful what he says. Please stop beating me up. 

Guest alanmetcalf

OOPS Just found out who MR Randazzo is, EEK guess he might fire me.  Ha HA. 

Very clever move to use me to broadcast the efforts being made. 

Thats me of the Christmas list then.