Sign in to follow this  
Pgdavis2

Hardware button FSUIPC Desktop Aviator 2670

Updated to v2.3.4 but my buttons no longer work (via FSUIPC).  

I see some features have changed but I am not clear how to reassign my hardware buttons

Instructions on using the .ini file are not clear to me - can anyone help?

Hi, the latest update didn't change anything related to the keyboard shortcuts.

You might want to review the following (User's Manual p7):

Keyboard Shortcuts

Each device supports mapping their buttons and knobs to keyboard shortcuts. To change hotkeys, open the "My Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\RealityXP.GNS.ini" file with notepad.

It is a self-documented configuration file that lets you configure any combination of ALT, CTRL, SHIFT, WIN and key per device button and knob.

These commands are described in more details in the 'Configuration' chapter.

The review the assignments and make sure they are correct.

However, should the desktop aviator be capable of driving the default FS GPS, you might want to consider the "Use Simulator GPS Commands" instead of the keyboard shortcuts.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Prior to 2.3.4 I had my hardware buttons configured through FSUIPC5 using "Buttons+Switches".  For example, my Enter button is set to the "Gps Enter Button" (Control sent when button pressed)

I didn't have to do anything to the RXP.ini file and the hardware worked fine.

I assumed that since they don't work anymore that I have to do something to get it to work now with 2.3.4 but I'm hearing from you that nothing changed in this regard.

That makes me think there is a bug preventing FSUIPC5 to work with 2.3.4.  Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with FSUIPC, but it looks like you are using FSUIPC to map hardware buttons to default simulator GPS key events. If that it the case, the only thing needed is to:

GNS V2 Settings Panel | Gauge Options | Advanced | Use Simulator GPS Commands

However, while investigating this since my last post, we've discovered a bug with the 'external input' handlers in the GTN code base (keyboard/gps commands) which we have now solved and will go in an update anytime soon today or tomorrow. We will further investigate how this relate to the GNS V2 as well now (they share the same base code for this).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 10/15/2017 at 11:23 AM, RXP said:

However, while investigating this since my last post, we've discovered a bug with the 'external input' handlers in the GTN code base (keyboard/gps commands) which we have now solved and will go in an update anytime soon today or tomorrow. We will further investigate how this relate to the GNS V2 as well now (they share the same base code for this).

What's the status on this bug fix?  I haven't seen a new version or am I missing something?

Hi,

the update is not released yet because we're thoroughly investigating an issue called 'black screen' mentioned in our X-Plane forum. Since both X-Plane and FltSim versions share the same core GTN simulation component, this is impairing our ability to release the update right now.

Hopefully, like I've just posted to our X-Plane forum, we've made good progress on this issue so far and we are reaching closer to a solution.

Hang in there with us, there are new features not advertised yet already implemented for the next update too!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc,

Thanks for looking into this. I just purchased GNS530 for P3d v4 and the "Use Simulator commands" doesn't enable the commands to work the the Reality XP GNS. I also tried setting the GPS commands in P3d to the native commands (Not trough FSUIPC) with the same result. The FSUIPC setting work fine with the P3D version of the GNS 430 and GNS530.

Great product....as I have been using for quite a while in X-Plane.

Thanks for your note!

I'm unable to get the GPS buttons to work using FSUIPC.  The Com buttons do work when mapped using FSUIPC but none of the "GPS..." commands function.

When I click the Proc button in the FSUIPC setup, the button press is recognized, but checking the "Select for FS Control" and selecting "GPS Procedure Button" doesn't work.

Is there some other step I'm missing?

29 minutes ago, Pgdavis2 said:

I just installed the 2.3.5  RC and it's working now :)

This is great! Thank you for the feedback! There was a bug with 2.3.4 indeed which I'm glad we've fixed with 2.3.5!

Super news. When will 2.3.5 show up on the "Check Upgrade" selection in the GNS530. It still shows 2.3.4

Funflyed

Hi funflyed, this is ok! This is 'just' a release candidate for now just to make sure we're not breaking things before it becomes an official version in a few days. It will then appear in the "Check Updates..." with proper release notes.

Thanks again. To reiterate....I love your products. I'm about to purchase a GTN from you for P3D.... I've had both the GNS430\530 and the GTN750 for X Plane. I will then have both GNS and GTN for P3D as well....

• Upvote 1