Sign in to follow this  
Best

Load saved flights

New to explain and have lots of question but I will start with this one. When I load a saved flight in FSX it would load in the position that I saved it. In x plane when I try to load a saved flight , it doesn't seem to work. I don't even know what I am suppose to do. What is this console popup doing? What do I press? When I press  play it either crashes or the timer starts but no sound and  no power in the plane. 

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

I'm not sure but it sounds like you are saving replays(the default) instead of situations.  make sure when you save to save a "situation" with a .sit file ending. Just flip the little switch at the the top right of the box when saving. try that.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

You are correct, I was saving in replay mode. Did not notice the switch above the file name. Thanks for making me aware of this.

• Upvote 1

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

I've saved two flights now in situation save but aircraft engine and systems are off in both instances when I load the situation. I'm guessing that I'm not doing anything wrong it just doesn't work very well in x plane?

George Lee

49 minutes ago, Best said:

I've saved two flights now in situation save but aircraft engine and systems are off in both instances when I load the situation. I'm guessing that I'm not doing anything wrong it just doesn't work very well in x plane?

Depending on the plane, not every systems state gets saved, this is especially true for add-on planes. For example, X-Plane doesn't save the state of the FMC (I haven't tried it in ages though), so when you save while your plane follows the LNAV path - then reload the situation, prepare for a very confused plane.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

4 hours ago, Best said:

The engine probably isn't off, but the throttle is always at zero when loading a situation. That's normal, because it wouldn't make sense to save where your throttle was set, when you might have moved it flying another plane before loading the situation file again. Just move your throttle to wherever it was when you saved the situation. 

If system status is different, or electrics are off, that might be something related to a specific plane model. Usually when I load a .sit file, all I have to do is bump the throttle.

Also, I don't think X-Plane can read more than one flight plan (.fms file) at a time. So if you've loaded a different .fms file in the meantime, it can screw up loading a situation where you were flying on autopilot/FMC using a different .fms flight plan file.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I was trying to save IXEG 737 both times in LNAV and VNAV. The engines are not running and no power to systems. I advance the throttle but nothing. I will experiment with simpler default aircraft. Maybe the IXEG is too complex. Anyone else having problems saving this aircraft?

George Lee

I see  default aircraft works in situation save. Add on aircraft do not it seems, because it doesn't save plugins. When I initially started using this  sim about a month ago I found it to be very immersive but not being able to save a flight and ATC,,...don't have to say any more. Hope these features improve because there are very good things about X plane.

George Lee

5 years later - nothing has changed. On the contrary, we now have another Simulator (MSFS) in addition who also has a ton of trouble with saving situations - pretty sad all in all; saving the status of a program including of plugins is not rocket science; all it would need would be some well defined interfaces that the sim calls to save and restore the state of the plane; alas ... nothing happened.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HaraldNowak said:

5 years later - nothing has changed. On the contrary, we now have another Simulator (MSFS) in addition who also has a ton of trouble with saving situations - pretty sad all in all; saving the status of a program including of plugins is not rocket science; all it would need would be some well defined interfaces that the sim calls to save and restore the state of the plane; alas ... nothing happened.

Indeed !

Some addons ( mostly airliners like the Toliss, but also the mighty CL 650 ) offer a situation / state save / load that work great.

I don't know about MFS. Maybe the upcoming add-ons can offer it too in MFS, but in XP11 I have used the state save with the Toliss A319.

Aerowinx PSX was yet another simulator I used for quite a while and did offer situation saving.

Let's hope for the best regarding XP12 also in this particular area !

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

21 hours ago, HaraldNowak said:

X-Plane is not aware which datarefs an add-on loads and uses and this is for the better, least it breaks an add-on's functionality upon loading and produces a lot of whining from users.

If you're keen to hunt datarefs, part of a Lua utility I've written implements dataref persisence across sessions by reading datarefs from an input list, so it can be tailored to any add-on.

https://github.com/JT8D-17/XLua-Utils-for-X-Plane

May work on complex aircraft or may not. Merry reading.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days