Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

Disabling ChasePlane in P3Dv4.1

I installed ChasePlane in P3Dv4.1 to investigate a fault reported by a LINDA user. Now I can not disable it and recover my normal Virtual Cockpit view of the outside world. I have disabled auto-launch in preferences but I still have the view Cockpit showing On-board (ChasePlane). I need to be able to remove all ChasePlane features for my normal flying and support work.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I found P3Dv4.1's camera.cfg file (in \roaming\Lockheed Martin\prepar3d v4). Removing the \\ prefixes which comment out the original Virtual Cockpit settings and adding the same prefix to (or deleting) the additional ChasePlane camera entries has restored my setup back to normal.

I strongly suggest that FSFX need to be a ready findable disable function which removes or disables all ChasePlane additions to cameras.cfg and any other modified files.

Edited by ScotFlieger
edited for accuracy

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

That's how it currently is.  I've sent a private message to Keven asking him to allow us to disable ChasePlane on a per aircraft basis - which at first glance it would seen tough to do, but I believe that re-writing the Cameras file one might be able to allow default flight sim views or ChasePlane.  Unfortunately I don't believe one can swap the Cameras file after the sim is loaded.

As it is now, you have to set ChasePlane not to automatically launch and use the Cameras backup file and aircraft.cfg backup file.  Keeping the Camera and Aircraft.CFG files that ChasePlane created is a good idea so you can swap back to them without ChasePlane creating them again (saves a second load of your flight simulator).

Keven is pretty smart guy, I'm betting he can work this out for us.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thank you Dave. What changes are made to aircraft.cfg?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

To restore the default VC camera you have to uninstall ChasePlane.

we are modifying some aircraft.cfg with conflicting hotkeys that would trigger custom cameras.

if you uninstall ChasePlane, everything is restored to its original state.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

we are modifying some aircraft.cfg with conflicting hotkeys that would trigger custom cameras.

Well, it works perfectly for me. That said, it a small matter to uninstall and reinstall ChasePlane.  I have a specific need to do what I've done, it may be better to follow Keven's advice (he knows a lot more about it that I do).

6 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Thank you Dave. What changes are made to aircraft.cfg?

If you have a need to do that I'm doing, then you don't have to make any changes per se, just replace the Aircraft.that CP created with the one that CP backed up for you on install. I promise you it works just fine if you follow the full procedure I outlined above - but remember that it's a small matter to do what Keven said.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Is this also true if we are using EZCA ? If we uninstall CP, all our EZCA cams will be back and running as before ?  (I am looking to buy (try) Chase Plane)

Mike

9 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Thank you Keven. I will do that. ChasePlane is a well engineered product but I can not afford to lose my VC and ability to manually pan and zoom - it’s the way I fly. I have TrackIR but it makes me sick. Also supporting many users I need to delve into many cockpits to investigate reported issues and need to pan and zoom constantly. Is there a way for ChasePlane to retain the conventional VC?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, it works perfectly for me. That said, it a small matter to uninstall and reinstall ChasePlane.  I have a specific need to do what I've done, it may be better to follow Keven's advice (he knows a lot more about it that I do).

I may be incorrect, but I don't think an uninstall is necessary. 

As long as CP doesn't start/load when the sim is loaded, or when the sim is running it can't sense that you've reverted to the original camera.cfg file.

I use SIMstarter NG to disable loading, if I don't want it for a particular aircraft.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

You can use SIMStarter to switch those cameras.cfg files but that will not restore the hotkeys commented in some aircraft.cfg files. Doing it that way will only partially remove ChasePlane.

We do not recommend or support partial alterations like this but it might work for your needs.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

9 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Thank you Keven. I will do that. ChasePlane is a well engineered product but I can not afford to lose my VC and ability to manually pan and zoom - it’s the way I fly. I have TrackIR but it makes me sick. Also supporting many users I need to delve into many cockpits to investigate reported issues and need to pan and zoom constantly. Is there a way for ChasePlane to retain the conventional VC?

We use a different camera from the default VC to enable more options and improve the reliability of the ChasePlane system. To pa and zoom, you have to set those control in the Preferences. You will have much better control than what's available on P3D right now.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

13 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

Is this also true if we are using EZCA ? If we uninstall CP, all our EZCA cams will be back and running as before ?  (I am looking to buy (try) Chase Plane)

Mike

No, you have to run their configuration utility to restore those.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

We use a different camera from the default VC to enable more options and improve the reliability of the ChasePlane system. To pa and zoom, you have to set those control in the Preferences. You will have much better control than what's available on P3D right now.

Keven is absolutely right about that!  I have the same controls set in CP as I did in P3D/FSX and the level of control is incredible compared to default.

Dave Hodges

4 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Thanks Keven

I will take a look when I have time. I tend to keep my system 'standard' with minimal add-ons like CP for when I investigate user problems.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK