Sign in to follow this  
schaefer

FSX SE skips loading aircraft/scenery ond goes to black screen

I have just verified my local files in Steam and in connection with cleansing my fsx.cfg to ensure everything was neat and tidy.

The Steam FSX SE is installed on it's own drive and has not been giving any major problems.

When I start the system it  loads the SW very fast but with the exception that I cannot see the standard FSX aircraft (Cessna 172), that I use to start up with.

I can, however select the aircraft in the dropdown panel so there is contact to my files.

On selecting free flight it the goes very fast through scenery and terrain loading and then locks with a completed loading message.

Has anybody experienced this before or is there a but´g in the way Steam verifies local files?

I have checked that Steam has the correct installation files registered on their server.

My system:

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit version 1607
Intel Core i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50 GHz, (OC 3.9 GHz)
16.0 GB RAM, 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb
ASUS PB277Q Monitor

Thanks in advance for any comments - I have a couple of screenshots I can upload - if I knew where this can be done!!

Schaefer

14 minutes ago, schaefer said:

Thanks in advance for any comments - I have a couple of screenshots I can upload - if I knew where this can be done!!

Schaefer

Possible graphics driver issue?  Check here on how to post screenshots!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hej Jim,

Thanks for the speedy feedback. 

I have just acquired a new monitor and have upgraded the graphics files whicn worked well with fsx se for the last few weeks until I went for the files verification feature....

I'll try and get the screenshots posted tomorrow.

Tanks

Schaefer

Jim Who??  No Jim here!:blink:  OK, never mind!  You were referring to the link I gave!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Charlieaeron.

Mes culpa - I was speedreading and John is the author og the article to i refered to ....

OK???

Schaefer 

Hi,

Regret the delay in getting this done.

Here are the errors I am experiencing.

Since the I have reinstalled the C++ and all SE SimConnect files which appears to have fixed the problems. Scenery was a problem until I reinstalled my ORBX files so it looks as if I am good except for this

Scenery.cfg error where I have done a reinstall/update of my SimStarter which has confirmed that my sceneries are working correctly.

I recall seeing some guidance on this type of issue and will go and see where I can find it.

So, so far we are rolling again I have decent fps so maybe I can start doing some flying again:huh::gaul:.

Happy flying

Schaefer

y4mF2VqdSqMQij6dFwTO6X9wVOlnpl8SYRXAvwq0

y4m3YKPYeBUG-GVrr50ZSY3dokzAC6Y57HPFqvlT