Sign in to follow this  
Rob Singer

737 crashes on runway at startup

I purchased a new version of PMDG for P3DV4, and installed the updates. P3DV4 loads fine and works well with the default aircrafts. When I change the aircraft to the PMDG 737, the plane loads, and goes through the 18 second initializing phase. A little bell sounds once the initialization is complete. About 10 seconds later, the screen changes to the plane being on the runway in crash mode. (The plane crashes - not the computer). I do not touch anything, not the mouse not the keyboard, not the yoke, throttle etc.. The screen just changes on its own. It then reloads back for initialization, then crashes again on the runway.

Please let me know how to correct this.

Thanks

Rob

Turn off crash detect in P3D?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Rob!

I do have a similar problem as you do.  I've selected PMDG 737 on the change vehicle screen on P3D V4.1 after that I've clicked ok button for return to startup screen and click ok button goes to the runway.  I've opened the menu bar when I was on the runway; I have selected vehicles pulled down the dropbox and I've clicked select went to change vehicles screen then I've selected same aircraft but different airline and then went back to the runway.  Roughly minute later; the plane drop and crashed on the runway when I wasn't touch a keyboard and joystick.

I've tried to turn off the crash detection but the problem will be different; I've return to the runway and minute later; the plane drop and  move bouncing on the runway but I also don't touch a keyboard and joystick either.

Chee Voon

• Upvote 1

Try different sceneries, different mesh settings?  I had one scenery that would drop the NGX 50 feet when ever I changed views.  It was the scenery.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, I do have the same issue, except is ONLY in multiplayer mode, I have tried everything posible, clean install everything including Windows 10, no luck. 

If you turn off the crash detect option, the problem remains, the airplane rattles as if it was bouncing on the floor, the bouncing increases itself quickly until the airplane is moving 

all over the place. 

can anybody help, please?... appreciated 

See page 45, PMDG 737 Introduction Manual.  Change your mesh settings.

Appears Dan solved the OP's issues.  Please post any new issues in another topic.  Thanks.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the advise. I turned off crash detect in P3DV4 and it for me, IT WORKED. I only did one flight, but it did not go into the crash loop that I was complaining about.

THANKS!!

Rob

Hi, just thought I'd add the text here for the Mesh Issue.

The aircraft “bounces” on the ground when I change views:
We have traced this issue to using a mesh resolution setting that is higher in resolution than 19m. These are the 10m, 5m, 2m, and 1m settings. This appears to be a terrain engine bug and isn’t something we can fix. If it bothers you, you can set the terrain resolution to 19m or lower. These are the 19m, 38m, 76m, 152m, or 305m settings.
Be aware that lowering this setting can affect the use of sceneries that require the higher setting. For example many airports require high settings to simulate taxiway bridges and similar structures. If you have high resolution terrain mesh installed this will also decrease the detail of mountains and other such features if you go below the mesh’s level.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:44 PM, Rob Singer said:

I purchased a new version of PMDG for P3DV4, and installed the updates. P3DV4 loads fine and works well with the default aircrafts. When I change the aircraft to the PMDG 737, the plane loads, and goes through the 18 second initializing phase. A little bell sounds once the initialization is complete. About 10 seconds later, the screen changes to the plane being on the runway in crash mode. (The plane crashes - not the computer). I do not touch anything, not the mouse not the keyboard, not the yoke, throttle etc.. The screen just changes on its own. It then reloads back for initialization, then crashes again on the runway.

Please let me know how to correct this.

Thanks

Rob

This is exactly what I get, but I've noticed it only loses it's ground reference after a crash, but then it won't get it back.  However I found an answer online that allows a fairly quick restart.  I even wrote a batch file to allow me to delete the files that cause me the problem (I backed up originals first)

The files I delete are 

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml
C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.wx
and C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg

When you restart P3D, it remakes these files and then goes to the default start screen.  If you've saved scenarios, such as a PMDG 737 at an airport, you can easily reload this.

I tried loading an LM aircraft after the first problem, but it also was stuck in the runway, however, it didn't invoke a crash, but it wouldn't accelerate, wonder why? lol.

I have video and screenshots of what happened.  I also have the before and after Prepar3D.cfg files, which are different.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patty_O_Doors said:

This is exactly what I get

As is noted in the Intro:

Don't allow any other aircraft to load prior to the NGX.

Don't re-load the NGX.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

You can not switch aircraft once you have selected the PMDG737

Doing so will erase all programming. The best thing to do is to select the PMDG737 at start up and load it at the airport you plan to depart from the gate is not that important but it can create some minor problems so do not change gates after loading the sim.

This aircraft needs to know its exact location in order for every thing to work correctly which means you have to input the GPS position and there is a difference between two different gates even is they are side by side there will be some difference.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:37 PM, scandinavian13 said:

As is noted in the Intro:

Don't allow any other aircraft to load prior to the NGX.

Don't re-load the NGX.

In the Intro of the Manual? Pardon my question if it is, but I've only just started using P3D V4 after FSX, and still getting used to it.

Okay, logged in and read, thanks. Steps from PMDG

Edited by Patty_O_Doors
Additional Information.

16 hours ago, Patty_O_Doors said:

In the Intro of the Manual?

Correct. Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > NGX > Intro Manual
...or Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > Operations Center > Find the NGX in the OC > Documentation Tab > Intro Manual
...or via Win Explorer: <sim folder>\PMDG\NGX\Documentation\Intro Manual

16 hours ago, Patty_O_Doors said:

Okay, logged in and read, thanks. Steps from PMDG

This explains the same thing, too, so that'll do!

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Okay, further investigation reveals; I can fly around land, take off change scenarios (I think), but after a crash or even a "Ctrl ;" Reset, the aircraft sinks into the runway, Main U/C first then Nose Gear, and at that point, it crashes.  As per this video Video of PMDG 737 sinking into runway

It's quite a deliberate action, as if something is resetting incorrectly, height datum or something.  Deleting the files listed earlier in the post and restarting, cures it temporarily. 

You've acknowledged the mesh issue but not how the aircraft should be loaded when starting a new session.  It will be helpful in helping you if you'd confirm you are not loading one scenario on top of another.

Also, please confirm this is happening on a default airport and your mesh setting.

Dan Downs KCRP