Sign in to follow this  
Rob Singer

737 crashes on runway at startup

On 1/18/2018 at 9:46 PM, downscc said:

You've acknowledged the mesh issue but not how the aircraft should be loaded when starting a new session.  It will be helpful in helping you if you'd confirm you are not loading one scenario on top of another.

Also, please confirm this is happening on a default airport and your mesh setting.

My MESH setting is 19m, which I believe is acceptable, yes? I load from the startup screen, my default airport of Glasgow Scotland and the PMDG 737 800.  After an incident with a heavy landing at another airfield, the system reset, I presume to the default I started with, then it crashes on start.  I'll double check this.

1 hour ago, Patty_O_Doors said:

my default airport of Glasgow Scotland and the PMDG 737 800

If the PMDG aircraft is your default aircraft then that can cause problems.  Only use non complex aircraft as the default.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 1/21/2018 at 4:38 PM, downscc said:

If the PMDG aircraft is your default aircraft then that can cause problems.  Only use non complex aircraft as the default.

Oh well, I can live with resetting the Configs everytime.  It only happens after a reset or crash, I'll just crash less :cool:

4 hours ago, Patty_O_Doors said:

I'll just crash less

...or just turn crashes off. Crash detection in the sim is awful.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

If you reset the situation you do nothing else but reloading the airplane. Doesnt work with PMDG, FSLabs, Majestics, etc.. they calculate too many things outside the simulator and too complexe than the simulator‘s reset function could handle it. If you need to restart: quit the simulator and restart it, choose your flight and load it up. 

What you CAN do to speed it up: create and load your flight, save it and then after restarting the simulator load the saved flight. But changing the situation or resetting it won‘t work with complex addons.

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2018 at 11:26 AM, Ephedrin said:

If you reset the situation you do nothing else but reloading the airplane. Doesnt work with PMDG, FSLabs, Majestics, etc.. they calculate too many things outside the simulator and too complexe than the simulator‘s reset function could handle it. If you need to restart: quit the simulator and restart it, choose your flight and load it up. 

What you CAN do to speed it up: create and load your flight, save it and then after restarting the simulator load the saved flight. But changing the situation or resetting it won‘t work with complex addons.

Hi.  Yes that's what I do now, thanks.

So I've gone back to PMDG childhood as after years in FSX, I've switched to P3D and am starting again.  It's amazing how much time and money I must have spent over a period of years in getting FSX how I liked it which I'm now having to repeat in a matter of days!

On the way, I hit this issue of the 737 adopting a crash position immediately on every loading at any airport or gate. The default F22 did not do this at any location.

I'd just done 2 things in the same session with the 737 loaded:

• Set up my own panel load state and set it as the default
  • Registered the GSX airport services utility.  This initially seemed to be confused about gate positions and I foolishly allowed GSX to warp the 737 to where it thought the gate should be.  This resulted in the 737 being on top of a scenery object, causing a crash.  That's fine, except every time I tried to reload the 737, the same crash occurred in a very similar way to the OP.

The fault had to be in there somewhere.

Disabling GSX didn't solve the problem and neither did resetting mesh from 5m to 19m.  I began to suspect the PMDG panel state.

In the P3D/PMDG/737NGX/ folder is a file called 737NGX_Options.cfg, which contains amongst a lot of other things, the default panel state setting.  I edited that back to a standard one e.g. StartupPanelState=NGX SHORT. There were also two suspicious looking "Progarm Generated Temporary Scenario" and 2 "Previous Flight.fxml".files in that folder which I removed.

The circumstances that caused my problem to start may be unique, but it's clear the first crash had somehow been "remembered" and repeated by the 737NGX.  It's working perfectly now.

ngxu_banner.png

4 hours ago, ailchim said:

So I've gone back to PMDG childhood as after years in FSX, I've switched to P3D and am starting again. 

Welcome back, please note that PMDG forum rules ask that we sign our full name on all posts.

I've observed that if you load the PMDG NGX on top of another session that one of the possible results is an instant crash.  Also, it is a good idea to turn off the simulators crash detection because it's not very reliable or accurate.... I think it's there for the arcade game user.

Be sure to refer often to the Introduction document, it has important information on how to set up P3D and to load PMDG scenarios.

Dan Downs KCRP

* Don‘t load complex addon aircraft on top of other complex aircraft.

* Don‘t reload complex addon aircraft. If you want or need to restart your flight, close the simulator, wait until it is deleted from the Task manager (hence the main memory), it takes about 10-20 seconds, then restart P3D with the Fighter turning in the start up window and select the addon aircraft. Load.

* Dont use the crash detection, it‘s ridiculous.

*Don‘t let other pseudo assistance start up programs create your flights and start P3D. 

A lot of don‘ts but that‘s how you should be fine.

The mesh setting shouldn‘t be an issue anymore, at least I haven‘t ever had any issues with it running on the lowest number for ORBX. (Since P3D 3) 

My name is in my signature.....  look before lecturing

ngxu_banner.png