Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

P3d stopped working

Hi pilots,  I am experiencing some crashes. with Prepared3D Version 3.4.22.19868.

P3D stops responding randomly.

I am using the latest ASN with all latest updates.

Using Obex south of England scenery. 

And I always install the NGX PMDG 737

I have recently installed a new windows system.

I am hoping that the info below might hint at a potential problem. 

I have a feeling ASN might of had a bad install and messed something up, but I can not me sure. Many thanks for any insight you may have.

Best regards

Jools

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: FaultTolerantHeap
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 3.4.22.19868
P3: 588F7CBF
P4: ffffbaad
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\WINDOWS\SERVIC~2\LOCALS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\FTH8508.tmp\fthempty.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8509.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8518.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8528.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: dff3e758-a7c7-4136-ab40-a3a5a65e9c1e
Report Status: 536870914
Hashed bucket:

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 10/15/2017, 20:20:08
             Machine name: DESKTOP-5N41VSK
               Machine Id: {506523F1-E9AC-4BC9-A445-46A26A4A0613}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
             System Model: X58A-UD3R
                     BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
                   Memory: 24576MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 24574MB RAM
                Page File: 3229MB used, 24929MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

You have Windows 10 and Prepar3D v3.4.  See the recent topic in this forum where many are getting this crash because of a Windows 10 Update.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks, I will check this out.

Sorry which recent thread? There are now quite a few. Is there a pined thread on this?

7 hours ago, joolsd said:

Sorry which recent thread? There are now quite a few. Is there a pined thread on this?

Here's one -

There's another discussion in the P3D Forum -

Lockheed Martin has identified the problem with Microsoft and they will release a fix as soon as Microsoft updates the KB (which they say will be some time).

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 10/16/2017 at 6:16 AM, Jim Young said:

Here's one -

There's another discussion in the P3D Forum -

Lockheed Martin has identified the problem with Microsoft and they will release a fix as soon as Microsoft updates the KB (which they say will be some time).

I have looked through my updates I have KB4022405, KB4041676. But not KB4038788.  Would these patches cause a crash as well?

Many thanks.

The problem is that you followed someone's suggestion and went to the P3D Forum where there is some erroneous or not entirely correct topics.  The pinned topic above takes you to the "horses mouth" so to speak at the developer of P3D.  You can delete all of your KB's but they will be silently reinstalled.  You cannot mess with or stop Microsoft.  Wait until November 14th and hopefully they will provide a solution.

Submit News to AVSIM

22 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The problem is that you followed someone's suggestion and went to the P3D Forum where there is some erroneous or not entirely correct topics.  The pinned topic above takes you to the "horses mouth" so to speak at the developer of P3D.  You can delete all of your KB's but they will be silently reinstalled.  You cannot mess with or stop Microsoft.  Wait until November 14th and hopefully they will provide a solution.

Should I role back to a certain P3D. If I remember you can uninstall the client? Do they still have the older version on the site?

You will have to go on their site and see what is available (for YOUR account).  On MY account it states I can download 3.4.22 but none of the earlier versions (i.e., v3.1, 3.2, 3.3).  Just the latest.  I can also download v2.

Submit News to AVSIM