Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Dark flightdeck PTA correction

Hey guys,

did anyone figure out a good PTA correction for the rather dark PMDG version of the 747 cockpit?

I'd really like to brighten it up properly, but whatever I do I can't really get it to look good. Either the colours loose too much of their intensities or I loose my shadows.

Maybe someone of you had the same idea and figured out a good PTA VC tweak which he could share?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hey Emi,

I use the "Aircraft Lighting and Saturation" option in PTA with 

Ambient Sunlight 1.0

Diffuse Sunlight 3.0

This seems to do the trick for me, are you using HDR? What about reshade? This could have an impact on your VC darkness as well... 

Hope this helps.

John.

Hi John,

HDR is set to the one recommended for PTAbsolute, so 1.3 for the brightness.

No Reshade in use at the moment.

I'll give your values a try, thanks! I'll report back once I tried it.

18 hours ago, 757FO said:

Ambient Sunlight 1.0

Diffuse Sunlight 3.0

I tried that, but it still keeps my cockpit really really dark.

Here's a picture:

KDdaTSs.jpg

If I turn up the Ambient light it gets brighter, however that kills the shadows.
At an Ambiet Sunlight of 2.0 it starts looking better, however it also really makes the shadows weak (or rather the bright areas that should be lit by the sun weak). Here's a pic of what I mean:

4lC3xrb.jpg

Any idea how to make those lit up areas from the shadows (yeah... sounds stupid, I know :D) more pronounced without having to turn down the general brightness in the flight deck?

I use ambient sunlight 1.00, Diffuse sun at 2.50 and saturation at 0.75...when you go in parameters there's an image clickspot that shows you exactly what the settings do. But I think you went through that already.

Also which preset are you using?  Im using the Thopat preset...slightly edited.

18 hours ago, nazethc said:

I use ambient sunlight 1.00, Diffuse sun at 2.50 and saturation at 0.75...when you go in parameters there's an image clickspot that shows you exactly what the settings do. But I think you went through that already.

Also which preset are you using?  Im using the Thopat preset...slightly edited.

I just tried your settings, it gets me a really dark cockpit though. I prefer mine above, I only just need to get the lit up areas affected by the shadows brighter. If anyone has an idea that would be highly welcome!

I'm using the Matt Davies Preset, edited the VC part though with the above results.
I would love to use other presets, but I'm getting error messages about cloud shaders (which result in all my clouds vanishing) with other presets.
Wrote Matt about it, but never got a reply. Seems their supportaddress given on the simmarket productpage is not staffed anymore.

2 hours ago, Emi said:

Seems their supportaddress given on the simmarket productpage is not staffed anymore.

matt.davies@projectfly.co.uk

4 hours ago, Emi said:

I just tried your settings, it gets me a really dark cockpit though. I prefer mine above, I only just need to get the lit up areas affected by the shadows brighter. If anyone has an idea that would be highly welcome!

I'm using the Matt Davies Preset, edited the VC part though with the above results.
I would love to use other presets, but I'm getting error messages about cloud shaders (which result in all my clouds vanishing) with other presets.
Wrote Matt about it, but never got a reply. Seems their supportaddress given on the simmarket productpage is not staffed anymore.

in the pta program click custom tweaks, then uncheck clouds directional lighting 3, and the error will go away