Sign in to follow this  
Nytro

Landclass for P3D v4 for Asia + Africa updated?

Hello guys,

over the weekend I did some test flights over Africa + Asia. Well not really a flight from point to point, more or less I picked a city or region on the continent over Google Earth and then started a flight there. And then compare... I found out that even in fast growing areas in the chinese mainland (source: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/03/which-are-china-s-fastest-growing-cities/ ) the metropolitan areas are very accurate.

As well I started some flights over Kenya, Africa and found out that even smaller cities are there where 7 years ago were nothing but jungle. To compare data I also used SceneryTech Africa and Asia landclass and must say they are pretty much outdated since they are from 2005 or so... BUT, I will say this: I found a few areas in Thailand where with SceneryTech Asia / Indo Pacific smaller cities are there, where in standard P3D v4 landclass is nothing just jungle. So maybe I was just lucky and found a few regions where P3D v4 has never landclass then like 20 years ago?

Does anyone have informations how old the landclass from P3D v4 really is? Maybe some P3D Devs could respond to that. :) As well Im interested to hear from other players their experiences!

Addons I use: ORBX Global + Vector, ALL OpenLC packages avaiable, and FTX Regions NoCal + SoCal.

Greets Nytro

Asia/Africa is on the list for Orbx to release as the next landclass (but don't quote me).  What's currently in the app is probably from the FSX 2007 days - so not that much.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

In the Orbx timeline there are landclasses for the rest of the world. I assume by the end of next year we will have at least one or both. Scenerytech does not work with Orbx Global it places too many farms and the landclass is outdated as you mentioned. 

Yeah im aware of the upcoming ORBX LC products. However I dont think they get released anytime soon as they seem to focus on FTX Italy, France etc right now.

I would love to see the whole world covered by ORBX :)

OpenVFR is  far too expensive I think. Whole Africa terrain 50 $ without autogen and objects. ORBX LC will as always deliver all that stuff. OpenVFR should consider to sell a package for the whole continent for at least 40 $ or something including autogen and objects. Because I doubt their quality is anything close to ORBX LC which costs only 50 $ per region (and btw bought them all on sale for 25 $ or something) :D...

My bet is Orbx is NOT going to do the whole continent of Africa at once for $50 USD.

11 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

My bet is Orbx is NOT going to do the whole continent of Africa at once for $50 USD.

why not?  they just did the whole continent of South America at once for 50 bucks...  this is openLC though that we are talking about, not full ftx region.