Sign in to follow this  
raybaudi

Air Hauler 2.Will it suit my needs?

Hi.

Honestly, I tried to post this on Just Flight Forums but it would give me Gate TIme Out error or something like that. Any help will be appreciated.

1) Does AH2 support airliners' operation type of things? I'm not fond of Cargo Ops but regular PAX scheduled services. Mind Delta or American and you get the idea.

2) If I buy a licence for the Early Access AH2, is it confirmed I will have access, free of charge, to future updates including Full Release once this is is done?

3) What's the planned Released Date? It said the roll-out would be on 2016 then it was early 2017, but so far, Oct-17, no release.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

1) No.  but charter and bush type pax operations are available.  its more meant as a cargo hauler app.  you are more looking for fs captain or fs passengers for airline ops.

2)Yes.  early access will get you the release of AH2.

3)as with every product, it is ready when its ready.  it's more than adequate in its current state though.

1) Does AH2 support airliners' operation type of things? I'm not fond of Cargo Ops but regular PAX scheduled services. Mind Delta or American and you get the idea.

Yes, it does indeed support airliner operations, in fact it does so in quite a detailed manner. For example, you can create your own airliner routes, choosing the departure and arrival airports, the times, the turnaround time for a return flight, the amount of flights daily, the type of seating (i.e. economy, premium, first class, or any combination of those fares). You get to choose the pricing of the tickets, whether there is paid, complementary or no cabin service. Then having chosen all that, you can schedule that flight for multiple trips to and from that destination as many times as you like, i.e. every day, or perhaps only one day a week, then it is relatively easy to copy and paste that to create an entire monthly or yearly schedule. You do need to build airline bases and hire pilots and either buy or lease aeroplanes to have all that work, but once it is set up the only thing you have to worry about is making sure your airliners get their regular maintenance checks and servicing. You can also dive in and fly those flights yourself too if you like, or you can just leave it to your AI pilots. If you leave it to your AI pilots, you will see those flights operating in your simulator as AI flights, so theoretically you could use it to create all kinds of AI traffic too, although it might take a lot of effort to do that lol.

It does a lot more than that too of course, very much more in fact, but the above should answer your question. It is true that it was originally more cargo ops oriented, but it has all kinds of airliner stuff in it now.

2) If I buy a licence for the Early Access AH2, is it confirmed I will have access, free of charge, to future updates including Full Release once this is is done?

Yup, early access is cheaper than it will be when released, but your early access version will become the full version upon release.

3) What's the planned Released Date? It said the roll-out would be on 2016 then it was early 2017, but so far, Oct-17, no release.

That's anyone's guess, however it is regularly updated and it is to all intents and purposes a released version now anyway in that it is stable, and full-featured.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hmm, I had ah1 ... didnt know 2 had pax flights. ..but can I go right to 747 flights in pax or cargo?  Or must i earn the money to buy those jets ...which I don't like.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Hmm, I had ah1 ... didnt know 2 had pax flights. ..but can I go right to 747 flights in pax or cargo?  Or must i earn the money to buy those jets ...which I don't like.

I think the developer is a bit more aware of people not having been too keen on that aspect of things, so in AH2 you can indeed start on the bottom rung if you like, but there is an option to start with a reputation of 60%, plus a Lockheed Constellation and 2,000,000 Dollars, which also gives the additional option allowing you to immediately sell the Connie for an additional 8,429,172 Dollars, which would then give you over ten million Dollars.

That would be enough money to lease a 747 to get you going, since I know you can lease a DC-8-73 for less than 8 million per month, and of course you'd make the cash to be able to buy out the lease easily within a short period of time, so effectively you can start out with pretty much any aeroplane you like, although you'd have to do the checkride on it to be able to start operations with it.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Hi, Chock.

Thank you for your very detailed answer, I appreciate the time you put in to outline all your description. Actually, it sounds too good to be truth. I am tempted to press the Purchase button just to see what you just described. 

What is keeping me from doing right away is the fact that most of AH2 fanbase apparently goes for GA or Cargo OPS, so insights like yours into the airliners world of AH2 are a rare finding to come by. Can I rest assured all of these features are in AH2? I could be buying it tonight should that be the case.

I don't mind building an airline from scratch, even transitioning from small planes to large ones, it gives the sense of a motive to my regular simming sessions but I want to get there, to the financial aspects of big airlines, hub mainteinance, etc.

I already own registered copies of FsCaptain and FsPassengers but I feel FsCaptain offsets AH2 more than replaces it. It doesn't focus on the financial matter of the business, which is the one I intend to explore with AH2, especially now that is on sale.

Thank you

Well, if you want to do all the financial stuff in a simulator, AH2 has loads of that too, including trading on the stock exchange if you really want to get into things that deeply. But here's a screenshot of setting up a passenger route:

zw4YBpR.png

Alan Bradbury