Sign in to follow this  
rcichella

Best Monitor for P3D V4.1? Please help

12 hours ago, headley said:

My settings in de sim are: FXAA on, 8xSSAA, Anisotropic on, res 2048x2048, VSync on, triple buffering, FPS unlimited

So i hoped with a 4K screen, the textures in de cockpit wil be at least readable, witch is not the case at this moment.

Try turning off FXAA. It's a fast post-processing technique which works by blurring the whole image slightly.

Is your resolution really set to 2048x2048? What's your monitor's native resolution?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

11 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Try turning off FXAA. It's a fast post-processing technique which works by blurring the whole image slightly.

Is your resolution really set to 2048x2048? What's your monitor's native resolution?

:blush: I'm feelin stupid ... Yes my res in the sim was set to 2048 x 2048, but that was not my problem, as i have changed the sim resolution to medium and low aswell without any difference.

By reading your post, i was looking at the resolutions of my screens, and just now (after more than 6 months flying with my new system!), i find out that there is a more bigger (or should i say smaller?) resolution.

My screen resolution was set at 1920 x 1080 (the recommended res) but by scrolling up in the resolution screen, i discovered 2715 x 1527 resolution for my screens... 

Although not the recommended res, the cockpit images are way more sharper now.  I have changed the sim resolution to 1024 x 1024 also.

Thanks for the (indirect) hint:ha:

Just turned off FXAA also, but for now just happy!

I was taught that it is always a good idea to match sim and desktop resolution.  Those are great tips on the preceding pages.

\Robert Hamlich/

hei.

i changed my monitor from 1080hd to 32" 2560 x 1440. i cant see any difference in  p3dv4.5 when change resolution  1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1440 i thought that i can see more cokpit on screen with higher resolution?

On 2/19/2020 at 8:11 PM, dexspeed said:

hei.

i changed my monitor from 1080hd to 32" 2560 x 1440. i cant see any difference in  p3dv4.5 when change resolution  1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1440 i thought that i can see more cokpit on screen with higher resolution?

You won’t see more of the cockpit but what you will see is slightly sharper instruments. But really, 4K would have been better assuming you have a 1080Ti or better.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather