Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Taxi Maintenance Import with X-Plane 11

Hey ya Dave,

With World Traffic 3 on the scene finally I've been a busy beaver fixing airport after airport that have the worst or completely missing taxi networks.   This is like UNFORGIVABLE to me that so many PAYWARE airports are missing this basic data that's been around since 10.51.     I've become an expert at crafting WT3 taxi and gate networks and programming airport operations files.    The import function in PIlot2ATC is working like a champ except for two big things that I hope you can add/fix with a future patch.    When P2A imports it would be nice if it could read the gate network to replace missing gates in the data if Navigraph missed something but the bigger feature that needs to work during imports is P2A understanding what is a hold point.    We have to create holds points for ILS HS zones and runways so AI don't do an incursion on to active runway or block the ILS beams.    P2A currently cannot read this data it would seem as it is not putting any hold points down after an import.  The black triangle is ALWAYS at the center of the runway/end of the taxi path instead of at the hold point.  The taxi network looks solid, usually flawless since a lot of airports were built with satellite alignment maps help the airport dev get everything placed to the real world but hold points are not coming over so we never get crossing instructions from P2A until we are actually already ACROSS the runway.    Is this something that can be looked into?

I am drooling and pacing impatiently for the day P2A and WT3 talk to each other.   This will be a glorious day for X-Plane users.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy