Sign in to follow this  
earthdog

Pilot Pete's preset page

UPDATE:

I found the guy over at another forum : http://www.theskylounge.tv/profile/4884-pilotpete/

Here is the topic link for his preset: http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/6675-p3d-v4-pilot-petes-ultra-realistic-pta-preset/?tab=comments#comment-12046

Moreover there is a new site from pilot pete that he agreed i can shera here and contains his free preset optimized for PTA 1.60:

Site: http://www.aviationlads.com/download/

========ORIGINAL POST=============================================================

I think that Pilot Pete's preset is one of the best for my liking but i cant seem to find any link to any page of his in order to watch when he makes another preset available  for p3d 4.1/pta1.60 combo.

Does anyone have any link to share?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Just to be correct, it is PTA 2.60.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

It says 2.60 in that website. 

So I have tried it and looks to me same as Matt's preset however I did not use ReShade as it suggested in that website. I am a bit afraid of using ReShade cause it usually causes CTD. To me Matt's presets looks a but better, more colors. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

My bad. Yes it is 2.60 but i cant edit the post anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

9 hours ago, earthdog said:

My bad. Yes it is 2.60 but i cant edit the post anymore.

No problem. Glad to help and avoid the "there is no such animal as 1.60" posts.....

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Spent part of the day today trying to build my own preset.  I then came across Pilot Pete's preset found in his YouTube post.  It is one of the most realistic presets I have found.  I tried the other preset he had for use with ReShade installed but it wasn't as nice as the one I found. (Pilot Pete PTA.ini).

HDR Enabled:   Brightness 1.30  Bloom 0.65  Saturation 0.85 

Shadows set to receive Internal Vehicle, External Vehicle, Simulation Objects, Vegetation and Buildings. 

\Robert Hamlich/

Imho his clouds are too dark . Above the clouds the sun is shining and clouds are bright with shadows because of that.

The jet aircraft is well lit while the clouds below are dark..

In total it looks nice .

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Spent part of the day today trying to build my own preset.  I then came across Pilot Pete's preset found in his YouTube post.  It is one of the most realistic presets I have found.  I tried the other preset he had for use with ReShade installed but it wasn't as nice as the one I found. (Pilot Pete PTA.ini).

I started from his preset for the same reason. You will end up customizing it a lot according to your preference and your other addons.

For example i am using ENVTEX, ASCA and i had to tweak some stuff from pilot pete's preset. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.