Sign in to follow this  
usaboy

Should the Content of V4.1 be installed

Not

41 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

It sounds then it's a complete reinstall!

Not really, because you do not need to install the scenery, which will require you to re-install FTX Global or other texture replacement addons. In addition, you avoid re-installation of some airports that have changed some default scenery files to work (e.g. Madeira).

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Does anyone know if the FSL A320 requires the content to be updated, or if client is enough? I asked over on their forum but never got an answer...

James

If you want to risk it then just the Client. Its version number will be checked by FSlabs installer. I would update both to be on the safe side. Just read here:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/13839-p3d-v41-content-required-for-a320x/

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

43 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Not

Not really, because you do not need to install the scenery, which will require you to re-install FTX Global or other texture replacement addons. In addition, you avoid re-installation of some airports that have changed some default scenery files to work (e.g. Madeira).

Ah, OK. Then that's helpful I guess. Sooo, how do I know what addons I do need to reinstall when I upgrade the content?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Try and error. I mean, as long as the files are not within a separate folder, e.g. ECOSYSTEM/Aerosoft/LSZHv4, you can assume that all files outside this specific folder are based on the P3Dv4 default files and they should work also after the update. If for example this LSZHv4 would depend on a file not provided by Aerosoft itself and residing outside the LSZHv4 folder, I guess Aerosoft would have already offered an update. I know, this is not 100% correct for all addons in any case, but mostly it is.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If we install the client and content, will scenery added the old fashion was need to be reinstalled. I wouldn't have thought so as it's still in the add on scenery folder? Also has anyone noticed any errors or anomalies with regards to third party airport scenery (aerosoft, DD etc) if they did update scenery?

Does Ultimate Terrain get obliterated with the Content Installer?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 hours ago, honanhal said:

Does anyone know if the FSL A320 requires the content to be updated, or if client is enough?

The client will suffice, James.

1 minute ago, Rafal said:

The client will suffice, James.

Thanks, Rafal!

James

50 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Does Ultimate Terrain get obliterated with the Content Installer?

No. Just always rerun the UTX setup tool after any update and you're good.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What a bloody dog's dinner!

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

12 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

If you want the new windshield rain effects, you need to update Content as well. I have updated Client and Content yesterday. If you have own autogen it would be wise to make a backup of these files as Content will owerwrite them. The same also applies if you have replacement textures (REX TD / SC, PrecipitFX, Moon textures..). You need to install them again if you have applied the Content update.

Personally, I would always update Content as well if you have addons. In the past I made the experience with 3rd party addons showing weird effects (e.g. GSX) while only udpating the Client.

I thought scenery captures those features - autogen?  My EnvTex did not get overwritten when I applied the v4.1Content.

ugcx_banner.png

The content update will definitely replace the autogen files (e.g. default.xml, material.sbp etc) sittting in the root Prepar3d v4/autogen folder. Envtex are textures that may not be affected. 

Regards,

Chris

--

6 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

What a bloody dog's dinner!

Agree.  Have to install client and it looks like you also need content and if you look further they made changes to scenery so I guess that as well - in other words close enough to a complete reinstall - and we will have to do the same thing again in a few months time with 4.2.  Now one question if you skip 4.1 can you install 4.2 or later versions (when they arrive) over 4.0?

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I'm hoping for sooner.  I can't fly the Simlabs airbus unless I turnoff some add on scenery.  That mess needs immediate attention.

ugcx_banner.png