Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Runway, not in runway selection list

I just added a revised KATL AFCAD to my P3d V 34. that I downloaded from Avsim file library. Everything is perfect as far as the runway layouts and taxiways, etc. The only problem I have, and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, is that the runway 10/28 does not show up in the list that you go to in P3d, when spawning your aircraft. I then opened the AFCAD in ADE, and 10/28 is listed there in the runway list. I even re-compiled the BGL, and no change.  Anyone have an idea of why P3D doesn't seem to be able to see it as far as the runway selection list where you select the airport to launch at, when the runway is clearly there in the sim? Only way I can get to the runway is taxi to it or land on it.   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If I am not mistaken, the runway must have aircraft spawn/start points defined on it in the AFCAD for a starting point to show up in the scenario selection. These show up as red circles in ADE.

43 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

If I am not mistaken, the runway must have aircraft spawn/start points defined on it in the AFCAD for a starting point to show up in the scenario selection. These show up as red circles in ADE.

That was it, you are a genius  :biggrin:.... I looked at the runway 10-28 in ADE and noticed that it did not have the red circles on each end of the runway like the other 4 runways did I found out that adding a "runway start" at each end, with ADE produced this circle. I then recompiled it, and now it shows  up.  Thanks. I can see that this ADE program that I just downloaded this weekend, is a study in itself. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thanks. I can see that this ADE program that I just downloaded this weekend, is a study in itself. 

Agree, it is a great program.  If nothing else, you can open the airport file for the destination while enroute and select a parking spot.  Get a little more advanced and you can adjust the apron links such that GSX backs up pretty much the way you want too.  Give enough motivation you can recreate your own home airport and set all the runways and navaids to exact locations according to FAA data (I call this as-building which is something I end up doing for all navaids at locations I care about, very few developers pay attention to where the DME is for example).

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP