Sign in to follow this  
james42

Strange EICAS messages

Hi everyone. I have been flying the 747 with no problems at all. But for my last 2 flights, I have been seeing the following EICAS messages. I am using fs2crew so the preflight procedures are always the same. The strange thing is, the body gear steering is working normally helping the aircraft around corners. I'm not sure about FUEL RES XFR, I checked fuel system synoptic on the lower EICAS and everything was ok. Same for the other system pages as well, everything normal. Please ignore the TCAS OFF message, that was actually turned off. 

37690452186_9e3a4cf327_h.jpg

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, james42 said:

But for my last 2 flights, I have been seeing the following EICAS messages.

What sim?

Are you on the latest version (check the version page in the OC)?

Kyle Rodgers

8 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

What sim?

Are you on the latest version (check the version page in the OC)?

FSX steam edition. I can confirm I am running the latest version.

1 hour ago, james42 said:

FSX steam edition. I can confirm I am running the latest version.

Using your own panel state, or one of the default ones?

Using EZDOK?

Kyle Rodgers

I'm using the default long preflight panel state. No EZDOK or any other camera. Also, I have failures disabled in the fmc. 

Hi, suffering from the same problem. After updating QOTSII via Operation Center I get the EICAS Messages:

>Body gear strg
Fuel res XFR 4

Taxiing and Takeoff were fine but the plane crashed during a smooth touchdown. Maybe this is related to the announced gear problem?

I`m flying FSX under Win7 Pro 64 bit

Any help?

Regards Heinz-Peter

41 minutes ago, hpjanssen said:

Hi, suffering from the same problem. After updating QOTSII via Operation Center I get the EICAS Messages:

>Body gear strg
Fuel res XFR 4

Taxiing and Takeoff were fine but the plane crashed during a smooth touchdown. Maybe this is related to the announced gear problem?

I`m flying FSX under Win7 Pro 64 bit

Any help?

Regards Heinz-Peter

+1 I have exactly the same issue after last update

I was wondering if this issue was still being looked at ? Starting with the short preflight panel state also causes the same issues. These are the default panel states and have not been modified in any way.  

After doing more research I found out that the Body gear steering is automatic in the 747-400 so its supposed to shut itself off. Since it is related to pushback I am assuming it is a bug in PMDG.  The fuel xfr messages could be a bug as well.

Me too.  Same issue.  Will PMDG address this?

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Sure, there are several threads on the same subject active for the past couple of days. The best advice is to use a default panel state that is working, such as the default startup one, and create your own panel states.

Gentlemen, full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm also experiencing the same issue. This typically shows up after I select the 744 panel state. I haven't tried other panel states but this message appeared after the most recent updates. I'm using FSX SE along with GSX, Chase Plane and AS16.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

First load the default cold and dark panel state. Then run through the pre-flight start up procedure starting up the APU or connecting external power basically copying the default long or short panel states. Then save this config and set it as the default panel state. This way, the aircraft will load the panel state without the errors. This is the workaround I'm using and it seems to work.