Sign in to follow this  
Taver

Unit not powering on in some aircraft

I have installed the GTN 750 in the PMDG DC-6 and the Carenado Citation C525A and the unit does not power on. Just a black screen. 

I click on Add-ons and selected Reality XP GTN then setup aircraft. I chose "Configure Reality XP GTN Popup Windows" and followed the instructions. 

Any suggestions? 

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Hi,

I'm sorry for unpleasant out-the-box experience. I've just mentioned this topic a few minutes ago here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522013-gtn-touchscreen-not-accurate-in-vc/#comment-3730366

We've a fix in place, planned to be released tomorrow, which I hope will solve this.

In the meantime, you might want to try cycling avionics power (off/on/off/on) waiting a second or two before each switch action. Otherwise, you might want to try rebooting the device (settings panel | enable TCAD then apply, repeat in disabling TCAD then apply).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I have only been able to get the GTN 750 to work on one aircraft and that is if I reboot Prepar3d v4.1 and load the Carenado C337. 

So far the PMDG DC-6, Carenado 525A Citation, and the A2A Constellation are no go's. I have even done as instructed above and attempted to reboot the unit. All times results in a grey screen. 

If I look real close the screen on reboot changes from black to grey. So I think the unit rebooted and is powered but nothing displays on the screen. 

Tim Curtis

One more update. 

On further inspection if I look real close I see "starting..." in the bottom left hand corner of the screen and it is very faint. 

Tim Curtis

And another update. 

I found the problem. (you probably already know) 

roar.exe is hanging. 

If I go into task manager and services and shutdown roar.exe then start prepar3d.v4.1 I can successfully load the GPS. 

More testing is needed but at least it is a start. 

Tim Curtis

Hi, the faint "starting..." is added to help know when the trainer is running or not. However, the fact that it sometimes gets stuck is under more investigation. Thank you for your astute research, it helps!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I was wondering if this would work in the A2A Connie so will be following this thread with interest. Over at the A2A forums they say they would have to do something to the programing to make it work in their planes but I thought it would be a  simple config change. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

11 hours ago, warbirds said:

I was wondering if this would work in the A2A Connie so will be following this thread with interest. Over at the A2A forums they say they would have to do something to the programing to make it work in their planes but I thought it would be a  simple config change. 

I ran a test flight with the A2A Connie this morning and the GTN 750 works fine. I only use the unit in popup mode so I am not sure about embedding it in the VC. 

Now that I have the unit working on most of my planes I really (I mean really) like the unit. The only other thing I would like to have is wind direction and wind strength indicator but I don't even think the real unit has that option. 

Tim Curtis

1 hour ago, Taver said:

Now that I have the unit working on most of my planes I really (I mean really) like the unit.

Thank you for your kind words!

The wind vector requires at least enabling the  Shadin Air Data input setting, and there might be an option in the GTN map settings as well.