Sign in to follow this  
jspringe

PMDG 777 intermittent loss of electric / thrust on P3Dv4.1

I'm having an issue with the latest 777 release (v1.10.8448 on p3dv4.1) yesterday and today, twice on my current flight...   Occasionally there is a 3 second, complete loss of thrust (engines begin to spool down) and several master cautions are displayed and other electrical systems briefly turn off (TCAS, etc...).  The panels, displays, and lighting stay up.

I was finally able to capture one of them in the attached image.  It is off for about 3 seconds and then the engines start spooling back up, the warnings clear, and everything is back to normal (except EQUIP COOLING OVRD which I have to manually reset).

ELEC AC BUS R
ELEC AC BUS L
ELEC GEN OFF R
ELEC GEN OFF L
ELEC GEN DRIVE R
ELEC GEN DRIVE L

https://imgur.com/C3tEyOU

PMDG changed the way panels and scenarios get saved, adding that previous states might not work properly (Changelog). Was this by any chance a pre update panel state or scenario?

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

8 hours ago, jspringe said:

I'm having an issue with the latest 777 release (v1.10.8448 on p3dv4.1) yesterday and today, twice on my current flight...   Occasionally there is a 3 second, complete loss of thrust (engines begin to spool down) and several master cautions are displayed and other electrical systems briefly turn off (TCAS, etc...).  The panels, displays, and lighting stay up.

Sounds like you may have a mixture axis assigned in the sim, and it is occasionally spiking below 100%, causing the fuel to shut off, and therefore the engines as well.

Kyle Rodgers

On 10/16/2017 at 11:07 PM, jspringe said:

I was finally able to capture one of them in the attached image.  It is off for about 3 seconds and then the engines start spooling back up, the warnings clear, and everything is back to normal (except EQUIP COOLING OVRD which I have to manually reset).

ELEC AC BUS R
ELEC AC BUS L
ELEC GEN OFF R
ELEC GEN OFF L
ELEC GEN DRIVE R
ELEC GEN DRIVE L

https://imgur.com/C3tEyOU

I have the same exact problem. It all spools down, then starts back up.

However - I'm also having the same issue in the TFDi 717 ... (less the successful and immediate restart of the systems)

https://prnt.sc/gyqiez

15 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sounds like you may have a mixture axis assigned in the sim, and it is occasionally spiking below 100%, causing the fuel to shut off, and therefore the engines as well.

Kyle - you may have nailed the issue ..  in part.  After flying a Cessna 206, I saw the mixture knob go out to lean cutoff for no reason whatsoever. 

I checked all my axis mapping in P3D and FSUIPC and can say for sure my Yoke, pedals, TQ6 throttles don't have any mappings to mixture. So it doesn't seem to be a conflicting axis, but it's certainly caused by the mixture being cutoff. I'll keep digging.

Hey Jason - do we have any hardware in common? Saitek Yoke, AV8R Joystick, Saitek Pedals, TQ6ADV Throttle, VRinsight overhead?

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World