Sign in to follow this  
spesimen

anyone tried the justflight otter?

curious if anybody has tried out the justflight otter yet?? found a few previews but no reviews.

especially curious about the fps and if the engine modeling is default fsx or if it more accurate.

cheers,-andy crosby

38 minutes ago, spesimen said:

curious if anybody has tried out the justflight otter yet?? found a few previews but no reviews.

especially curious about the fps and if the engine modeling is default fsx or if it more accurate.

cheers,-andy crosby

Sounds like Milviz might release their version soon so might be worth waiting.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

5 hours ago, Dave CBFS said:

They do have a demo for the Otter. 

Good to hear that news! As this is an Aeroplane Heaven product, I was going to wait for some reviews to appear but I can try it out myself now.

I'm a bit reluctant to wait for the MilViz Otter, as I have their Beaver and the VAS hit on FSX with that was significant to the point where it was difficult to fly it in the Orbx full fat areas and I am concerned that the VAS footprint of their Otter might be equally heavy. Don't get me wrong, the MilViz Beaver is a great aircraft but I think it will spend a lot of time in my hangar until I install P3Dv4 and for now I have reverted to the much less demanding but still great Aerosoft Beaver.

It would be nice to have a good Otter to accompany the Beaver and hopefully the JF version will be a step up from that of VirtualCol.

Bill

thanks for the replies guys. i didn't realize milviz had one in the works, or that justflight had a demo! great!

like scianoir, i am somewhat interested in alternatives to the milviz stuff.

milviz's beaver model+texture is beautiful ...and the flight model seem well made.. but i haven't really used it much after installing it because it performs rather poorly on my system. at my airhauler home base of PAJN with orbx stuff, it barely reaches 10-15fps which isn't so fun for hand flying...

i was hoping for a little more subtlety with the engine simulation as well, guess i'm spoiled too much by the wasp in the T-6. i wish A2A would license out their engine tech... i'm not so optimistic i will find anything like that in the justflight one either ..

it a little strange with the mv beaver...i have a few other of their planes that have really nice fps.. .so i'm not sure why their version seems to give my system trouble. but haven't had free time to investigate it much, and 'i badly need a hardware upgrade' is often the answer i find anyway haha...

cheers,-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

If you don't have the Aerosoft Beaver Andy and would like a Beaver that isn't going to bring your system to its knees, I can recommend the Aerosoft product. It's an old release and it's not quite in the league of the MV Beaver from the viewpoint of textures, flight modelling etc, but, in my opinion, it is still a very nice product which I very much enjoy flying. 

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

If you don't have the Aerosoft Beaver Andy and would like a Beaver that isn't going to bring your system to its knees, I can recommend the Aerosoft product. It's an old release and it's not quite in the league of the MV Beaver from the viewpoint of textures, flight modelling etc, but, in my opinion, it is still a very nice product which I very much enjoy flying. 

haha yes! already have the aerosoft one. for many years, it's my favorite bush flyer in the hangar! i switched back to it for now until i can upgrade my computer. with that plane at PAJN i get 25-30fps with the same scenery settings. 

cheers,-andy crosby

Have had some flights in the demo Just Flight Otter and I get frame rates in the mid 30s in my test scenario although the VAS footprint is moderately high at just over 800Mb. I had previously purchased the VirtualCol Otter some time ago just to have an Otter in my hangar and it gives frame rates in the mid 50s in my test scenario, but at a cost of what I can only describe as pre-FS9 cockpit modelling / textures and mediocre flight dynamics. As a result the VCol Otter has rarely ventured beyond my hangar!

The JF Otter on the other hand, in so far as it can be assessed in a couple of short flights, is generations ahead of the VCol product with very realistic looking internal and external modelling and the sort of flight dynamics one might expect, although I'm saying that without having any real world flight time in this aircraft. Overall, I personally felt a nice sense of immersion when using this and I'm sufficiently impressed by it that I will most likely go ahead and buy it. 

Bill

Nice discussion.

Did anyone have the chance to try both planes, Milviz and Just Flight?

Thanks