Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Aerosoft professional airports - good and bad?

Considering upgrading the airports below with the new "Professional" series versions from Aerosoft since I already have all these since before and thus will get a fairly good upgrade price but still wanted to ask for some input here before pressing the checkout button so I don't waste money on bad scenery.

Here's the list of airports I'm considering:

Mega Airport London Heathrow professional
Mega Airport Barcelona professional
Mega Airport Frankfurt v2.0 professional
Berlin-Tegel professional
La Palma professional

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Mega Airport Frankfurt v2.0 professional

Berlin-Tegel professional
La Palma professional

EDDF and EDDT are a must, as the V3 compatible version will not show the taxiways or appron textures. EDDF performs very nicely, even with DL on and PMDG NGX (30 fps in VC with my brand new MSI 1080TI).  In addition, you will get dynamic lightings, which looks superb in such a big airport. 

GCLA has been updated as well and looks just so nice. It is one my favourite island airports beside LPMA. Certainly, I would upgrade if you fly often to these airports in V4.

For all these airports you have no alternative anyway and you can't go wrong quality-wise.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I have upgraded EDDF and EGLL. Both are definitely worth the small upgrade fee. Very good performance compared to the P3Dv3 versions. Actually, they are both really nice now. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Sounds great, thanks for the feedback guys!

Guess I'll just go ahead and update all of them considering the low cost to get fully up to date P3Dv4 compatibility. 

Richard Åsberg

I my opinion, All of these upgrades have been well worth it.  I'm certainly impressed how Heathrow is not only heavily detailed than that of UK2000 , but it is incredibly optimized.  The professional level is the way to go.  I pray that Aerosoft keeps up this level of quality and attention.

ugcx_banner.png

12 minutes ago, usaboy said:

I my opinion, All of these upgrades have been well worth it.  I'm certainly impressed how Heathrow is not only heavily detailed than that of UK2000 , but it is incredibly optimized.  The professional level is the way to go.  I pray that Aerosoft keeps up this level of quality and attention.

Really nice to hear this and truly looking forward to try them out!

Richard Åsberg

Have to agree with above, I was skeptical of getting heathrow because of the performance but I get probably the smoothest flying out of there in the PMDG 777/747. Which to me is unreal with all the detail in it. I don’t think you could go wrong! 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Yeah, lots of people seems to like both EGLL and EDDF so I'm sure they are both excellent!

Would still be interesting to know if someone tried out LSZH but I hope/guess that one is good too being a "Professional" scenery.

Richard Åsberg

54 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Anyone tried out Zurich Pro?

Zurich has some texture/landclass issues when FTX GES is installed. Unfortunately, none of them (ORBX vs AS) wants to take responsibility. It seems each of them expects the other to become active.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

53 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Yeah I really like it... Only used it a few times so cant say for sure yet think the FPS wasnt too bad

(between - - - and + + +) I give

EDDF +++,  ELBL +++, EGLL ++, LSZH +

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Yes, it looks and performs great. So, it is certainly worth the little upgrade fee in my opinion. I do not use FTX Germany.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I'm not using FTX Germany either so shouldn't be an issue but thanks though for the HU.

Richard Åsberg