Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

Hi all,

I'm on the fence for this piece of flying machine as well, but not before a few owners have commented on the FPS in P3D V4.1
I have a decent system (I7-6700K, 980Ti, 32GB) but I'm very curious about the performance.

Egbert

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 minute ago, RudiJG1 said:

Please submit a support ticket at FSL Support concerning the crashes...I'm having no issues with any crashes in this latest version.

Well, I'm signing up for that forum now, but I'm also posting my first impressions here. 

So far:

- Can't fly at all in VR, still crashing instantly every time I click the 'virtual reality' tab in P3D. This is a clean install of the sim, and everything else I've installed works flawlessly.

- Performance sub-par. 

- The runways.bin database initialization seems to run every time I start this program. That goes for over 10 minutes (now at 11 minutes on my latest run), then I start the plane, change to VR mode and the program crashes. Frustrating. I've got dozens of addons (maybe hundreds), and this is the first one that has caused me this many headaches.

I haven't given up hope, as I mentioned this is just a first impression, but for VR fliers or those who have modest systems, the issues mentioned here may need to be considered.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi all,

I'm on the fence for this piece of flying machine as well, but not before a few owners have commented on the FPS in P3D V4.1
I have a decent system (I7-6700K, 980Ti, 32GB) but I'm very curious about the performance.

Egbert

Same here,

4 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Same here,

Honestly, kind of wish I'd waited for some more 4.1 feedback. Maybe it will grow on me, the crashes will stop and I'll solve the performance issues. The perils of being an early adopter. :)

The other problem I have is the Runways.bin database initializes every time I boot it. I'm currently at 21 minutes of waiting on this attempt to start. So I wait for 20+ minutes each time, the switch to VR mode, followed by an instant crash.

Airbuses, eh? Boeing, or I'm not...

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hi Robert - 

Could I ask you to open a support ticket with us, so that we can work with you to resolve the VR issue, and also look into why the Runways.bin generation isn't completing?

Edit - I see you've posted on our forum. Thanks.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

15 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi all,

Egbert

Same with me Egbert whats kept me away from the fsl airbus is the frame rates. lower then the ngx or pmdg 777?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I'm sorry, but.... $140??? What is so special about it that I am missing?? It better be PMDG quality or better for that price...

1 minute ago, MachTwo said:

Hi Robert - 

Could I ask you to open a support ticket with us, so that we can work with you to resolve the VR issue, and also look into why the Runways.bin generation isn't completing?

Andrew, I've done so over on the FSL forum. Hopefully these issues are amenable to fixing - I haven't given up yet, still very early days! 

The database initializing message is just something that's annoying me at the moment - at 31 minutes and counting on this startup at the moment, but I'm sure you would have noted that in beta testing if there was a general problem. I suspect a re-install will be my initial step.

The VR crashes are more concerning, as they're very consistent. Do you know if this was beta-tested with HMD's, including the Oculus CV1? I can say that the native P3D VR is very stable, 4.0 was a bit more dubious but 4.1 has never crashed on me, and I've tested around 20 planes with it so far. 

Also, any tips for improving the performance of this aircraft? There's a few others here who've commented on that aspect, I'm, not sure if there's anything that can be shut down to improve FPS - for example, on the PMDG birds I turn off the FO displays if I need the extra frames. I'm new to the A320, so I don't know much about optimising it.

Oz

18 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Same here,

I have just installed the bus and tested it with SSAA and DL on. It is harder on FPS as PMDG 777 I would say but one can keep 30 fps in the VC (that's with 1080TI and 4790K CPU).

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

2 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I'm sorry, but.... $140??? What is so special about it that I am missing?? It better be PMDG quality or better for that price...

The general consensus is that PMDG have been trumped with the FSLabs Airbus.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

You get a side stick instead of a yoke :dry:

Honestly, the system deepth of the simulation is just amazing and worth the $$$.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

3 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I have just installed the bus and tested it with SSAA and DL on. It is harder on FPS as PMDG 777 I would say but one can keep 30 fps in the VC (that's with 1080TI and 4790K CPU).

Thanks Chris,

Did you test in vanilla P3D Or with the sceneries/AI traffic/ASN weather?

PS. Anyway, I will give a try later this week, since it's free upgrade and money was already paid for V3.

22 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi all,

Egbert

well, I only have a 4790k @ 4.6, with a 980Ti and 16 gb ram and SSD's (@ 4k resulotion)

So far it performs worse than the p3d v3 version. 

I have put my monitor on 30 hz and vsync + triple buffering, just as with the ngx. The nxg pegs at 30 fps and no real stutters.

The FSL fps vary from low 20's to my (refresh) max 30 fps, with stutters a fair bit worse than with the ngx.

Before my 4k monitor I tested with 1080p, but because one needs insane amounts of AA to rid the jaggies, the fps results were pretty much the same as my 4k monitor.

So for the smoothness I seek, my lowly system is not good enough it seems.

-Roland

It was with my airport sceneries/AI traffic/ASP4. But I need to do a full flight from/to EGLL or EDDF to know better how it performs under "real" conditions.

Regards,

Chris

--

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The general consensus is that PMDG have been trumped with the FSLabs Airbus.

It all comes down to the whole bucket nevertheless. If I cannot use it in UK2000 EGLL with 100% AI like I do with PMDG birds, than why should I suffer, right? :-)