Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

How is the aircraft in the real sim compared to the screenshots on their site??? The screenshots it just looks like another plastic toy aircraft to me..

Please don't take my comment in a negative way.. I just wanna make sure before I pay $140 that I know what I am getting

• Upvote 1

Personally, I'd like to see what Nyxx would say about the release, as he's avid Bus lover and experience simmer. His conclusion would be much appreciated

3 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I highly recommend Mike Ray's Airbus manual.  I have the color wire bound version and it makes the Airbus so easy and understandable.  Cpt. Mike is a great teacher.

The colour wire-bound version is the one I have also. It's cheerful and entertaining rather than utmost professional. But that's OK I'm on my day off.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

31 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I have the wire-bound one: ISBN 978-0-936283-19-7 The Unofficial Airbus A320 Series Simulator and Checkride Procedures Manual. Recommended.

What's the difference between this one($59) and the $99 one on Amazon?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Personally, I'd like to see what Nyxx would say about the release, as he's avid Bus lover and experience simmer. His conclusion would be much appreciated

Thank you.

I will start by saying I’ve only had version 4 since 4.1 came out. Also I’ve had a week of work just for this release. 

Until today I’ve flown nothing put the PMDG NG. V4 has come with a big boost to fps with that aircraft and I’ve never know the sim look and run so well. It’s blown me away.

Today I’ve done nothing but fly the FSL A320. 

My first thoughts.

It’s still the best Airliner we can buy and I don’t meen because it comes with loads of failures. If anyone thinks it's about that you totally missing the point.

The Good.

The new 64 bit sounds are fantastic.

The MCDU is updated and is much better for it, go for the s7 not the s4 option you get more FIX pagers.

Flight guidance, speed restrictions all that is really good.

The lights with DL are the best I’ve seen.

The Not So Good.

The new VC is much better but it does not blow me away, like the TDFi 717 does.

This aircraft does come with a FPS increase but nothing like the NG. It’s hard on Fps it’s nothing like as forgiving as the NG.

I still get perfect texture loading but Fps on my 4790k at 4.6 with 1070 I would say sits at around at approach’s and big airports, 22-24. It’s not as smooth as the NG. It is as it's always been hard on a system. Airports today, Aerosoft EGLL EDDF, FSDT LSGG Aerosoft 5.8gb LEBL. So thats about as hard as it gets. 

So to conclude my first thoughts.

All the updates it’s had are superb.

But be warned it's still hard on you PC System. So if you have trouble running the NG you will have a hard time running the FSL A320. 

I hope that’s a fair sum up?

Next flight tonight LEBL to LSGG at dusk with DL ON. :happy:

• Upvote 7

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

21 minutes ago, klamal said:

What's the difference between this one($59) and the $99 one on Amazon?

On amazon uk - 978-0-936283-19-7 looks like the one I have, but there are other versions without the wire binding I think. Mine also has ISBN 0-936283-19-x with $89.95 on the back.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

But be warned it's still hard on you PC System. So if you have trouble running the NG you will have a hard time running the FSL A320

And a lot harder than the other PMDG planes I've compared it to as well - 747 and 777. I don't have the tFDI yet to compare that. I note the low frame rates occur despite minimal load on the GPU and CPU on my system.

FSL have confirmed the VR crash, so don't plan on simple VR flying if that's your thing (as I noted, you can swap in from another aircraft already in VR mode, just don't toggle back into normal mode again). They're talking to LM, hopefully a solution can be sorted out.

Edit: just done some testing with FlyInside, rather than native VR. It works, without the crash. The main issue is still performance. 

Edited by OzWhitey
update on VR

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I did not experience the VR crash, but I find that the FSL A320 is extremely hard to use in VR. Not so much because of the performance, but those fonts are reaaaaally small! Very hard to read.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

The new VC is much better but it does not blow me away, like the TFDi 717 does

The TFDi Design 717 may have a nice VC (although some of the textures are not quite as high a resolution as I would like), but I am not all that impressed with the flight dynamics. I am still waiting to see where that little avenue of opinion takes me....

Sorry for the off topic post.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

How is the aircraft in the real sim compared to the screenshots on their site??? The screenshots it just looks like another plastic toy aircraft to me..

Please don't take my comment in a negative way.. I just wanna make sure before I pay $140 that I know what I am getting

I think the screenshots on the site do the aircraft justice.

I do think that you should not buy the FSLabs because of the quality of the VC. It is not the distinctive feature of the FSLabs. Both the Aerosoft and the FSLabs have a nice VC. Personally I like the FSLabs VC more, but I think some people could say the same thing about the Aerosoft VC. 

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I still get perfect texture loading but Fps on my 4790k at 4.6 with 1070 I would say sits at around at approach’s and big airports, 22-24

We have about the same system specs and a 20-25 FPS range is a big no-no to me, especially for $140.
I have PMDG NGX/777 and with those I get 30+ without any problems in same conditions.

It is really unfortunate because I was looking forward buying it. I guess I have to wait a little/much longer

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

3 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

We have about the same system specs and a 20-25 FPS range is a big no-no to me, especially for $140.
I have PMDG NGX/777 and with those I get 30+ without any problems in same conditions.

It is really unfortunate because I was looking forward buying it. I guess I have to wait a little/much longer

You do know that you could get your desired fps by just lowering a few settings, right? All aircraft don't perform the same.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

You do know that you could get your desired fps by just lowering a fee settings, right? All aircraft don't perform the same.

I guess I do. But that is not the real issue for me.
The FSL Bus in FSX was not performing too good either and apparently in P3D V4 it doesn't perform any better (based on the initial reports)
It looks like the performance is significantly worse then other likewise complex aircraft. Based on a $140 price tag I would have expected better. 

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

The Not So Good.

The new VC is much better but it does not blow me away, like the TDFi 717 does.

This aircraft does come with a FPS increase but nothing like the NG. It’s hard on Fps it’s nothing like as forgiving as the NG.

I still get perfect texture loading but Fps on my 4790k at 4.6 with 1070 I would say sits at around at approach’s and big airports, 22-24. It’s not as smooth as the NG. It is as it's always been hard on a system. Airports today, Aerosoft EGLL EDDF, FSDT LSGG Aerosoft 5.8gb LEBL. So thats about as hard as it gets. 

So to conclude my first thoughts.

All the updates it’s had are superb.

But be warned it's still hard on you PC System. So if you have trouble running the NG you will have a hard time running the FSL A320. 

This is worrying. Can any others share their performance experience with this bird. I'm concerned at forking out $140 (more like $160 in aus) for a plane that's going to induce constant stutters. I don't get that with the ngx or 717. 

I appreciate your input.

11 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

When I said 22-24, that was to show the lowest, I could show fps at EGLL in the 30’s and in flight 50’s, just keeping it real

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip