Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

22 minutes ago, groentesoep said:

You made an account here to post that... (Post count: 1)

16 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

You're kidding, right? (or trolling?)

Is that what's holding you back?! :blink:

No I did not, you two never had done your first post here? Never had 1 count? Hahahaha. I’m not trolling. To be serious, yes I hate to have accounts everywhere when you can have all your stuff in one place.

11 hours ago, AnkH said:

Sorry for this, but I have to: now FSLabs managed to release their very complex Airbus before Aerosoft was able to release their not so complex Airbus... nothing more to say...

Aerosoft is not going to admit it but I think that they are staggering releases in the hopes of maximizing sale. They pushd the crj unfinished first because they might have thought releasing the Airbus takes sales from the smaller regional jet. All my theory not any inside info.

I just finished the install on my modest system. My specs are in my signature. I run at a resolution of 2560 x 1440.

First, a big thanks to FSL for providing a free update. Really nice gesture.

I took off from KRDD Orbx with Orbx PNW, Vector and so on. Unlimited frame rate setting.

I thought it was all very smooth (the best indication of performance, imo). I climbed out to 240 just to have a look-see. I started during daylight then adjusted the time to deep twilight. Beautiful night lighting in the VC.

Very nice indeed. I didn't have a single 'long frame'. The times I checked FPS it was variable: mid 20s up to mid 50s. Obviously, no memory worries.

Bottom line: I thought it performed great and has improved since the P3D3.x version. I don't focus on FPS as much as smoothness and, once again, it was very smooth.

I'll not try to talk anyone into buying something, but I'll just say that performance shouldn't be a worry. I found it is quite comparable to PMDG. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

WHY do people expect default aircraft level performance when their sliders are almost full right?

I literally put all my sliders full left, just to see if I could get good frame rates. No luck, though gpu  usage and CPU load dropped. Something in the coding is holding it back, I think they could do better with the hardware we have available.

and it's not a five fps drop from pmdg. I've been flying the Ng, T seven and qots ii very heavily over the past few weeks. I get around seventy five fps, and can hold,the necessary forty five most of the time in vr.

with the Airbus, it's around forty five to fifty frames per second on screen, and down around twenty five in vr, which is not really usable. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

WHY do people expect default aircraft level performance when their sliders are almost full right? No offense to PMDG but FSL have gone way beyond them and trying to compare performancr between an inherently complex plane such as an A320 and a relatively simple plane such as a 737 is just stupid. I'll say it again, all planes perform differently and saying that you won't but an add-on because *gasp* it gets a full 5 fps less than it is preposterous.

Don't assume that people who complain about performance issues with certain aircraft that their sliders are all the way to the right. And 5fps difference is huge on my system because I need to maintain 30fps to match my refresh rate for smooth performance. If I dip below 30 even by 1-2 FPS I get stutters. Now I can easily maintain 30fps in the ngx and tfdi717 with LOW settings, that's right sliders to the left. Now if I move the sliders any more to the left I'll be left with 1980's visuals.

Try using an unlimited frame rate setting in P3D options. This really helped, in my case.

Trying to match a target frame might cause what I call "ikity-ick" problems in some situations. 

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

9 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

True, doesn't simmarket take like a 20% cut?

Yes I get that, well most of the big add-on makers have their stuff on simmarket, aerosoft or fs pilotshop so that’s good. Just have to live without FsLabs.

6 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Maybe lower your refresh rate in nvidia inspector?

I tried that. I can go as low as 24, but it's not smooth at all. 

Just now, Projs15 said:

Yes I get that, well most of the big add-on makers have their stuff on simmarket, aerosoft or fs pilotshop so that’s good. Just have to live without FsLabs.

It's one account, and for the trouble you get a fully simulated A320. It'll only take a minute ;)

• Upvote 1

I remember a video mentioning that the vc textures in the p3d 4 version are going to be 4096 in size. If that is true. and in p3d 4.1 the prepar3d.cfg changed the vc texture resolution to 4096 so you are using the highest resolution level and might not realize it.

I'd test myself but after enjoying the first month of the fsx release I am not allowed to fly the airbus or access their forums.

Just now, branks737 said:

I tried that. I can go as low as 24, but it's not smooth at all. 

As suggested above, maybe try an unlimited frame rate setting? 

3 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

I remember a video mentioning that the vc textures in the p3d 4 version are going to be 4096 in size. If that is true. and in p3d 4.1 the prepar3d.cfg changed the vc texture resolution to 4096 so you are using the highest resolution level and might not realize it.

I'd test myself but after enjoying the first month of the fsx release I am not allowed to fly the airbus or access their forums.

Wait, why can't you access their forums or fly the Bus?

10 hours ago, tumtiddle said:

Yes, you must use the "P3D v3 to v4" upgrade option when you click Purchase Now on the A320X page. This will upgrade you and give you access to the v4 installer.

Thanks for that. Just downloading now.

OK here is a like for like test.

The hardest hitting FPS gate I know within P3D = Aerosofts EGLL Gate 539, facing all the airport and London. No AI, NO weather.

Setting I use.

serttings.jpg

PMDG NG = Can see in screenshot 36 FPS

NG-36-FPS.jpg

FSL A320 = 32 FPS

32-fps-fsl.jpg

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip