Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

Just now, Cargostorm said:

It was with my airport sceneries/AI traffic/ASP4. But I need to do a full flight from/to EGLL or EDDF to know better how it performs under "real" conditions.

Thanks again, Chris. Unfortunately cannot test it myself until Friday, so I'll be reading the reports.

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

It all comes down to the whole bucket nevertheless. If I cannot use it in UK2000 EGLL with 100% AI like I do with PMDG birds, than why should I suffer, right? :-)

You needn't.  That's what Gatwick is for.:)

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I'm sorry, but.... $140??? What is so special about it that I am missing?? It better be PMDG quality or better for that price...

They add tax to that as well. Ended up being AUD$195 for me, which is why I'm less forgiving of bugs than I usually would be.

I fixed my initialization hang-up with a reinstall, so that's one thing. However, I've now noted that the sim crashes every time I press the space bar to pan around the virtual cockpit!  As noted, this is on a clean install of 4.1, the sim has never crashed over some pretty heavy use since I installed this version. Now with A320, I have the spacebar crash and the VR-selection crash. I think some better beta testing was needed here.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

They add tax to that as well. Ended up being AUD$195 for me, which is why I'm less forgiving of bugs than I usually would be.

I fixed my initialization hang-up with a reinstall, so that's one thing. However, I've now noted that the sim crashes every time I press the space bar to pan around the virtual cockpit!  As noted, this is on a clean install of 4.1, the sim has never crashed over some pretty heavy use since I installed this version. Now with A320, I have the spacebar crash and the VR-selection crash. I think some better beta testing was needed here.

What fsuipx do you have...  That might be the space bar issue 

14ppkc-6.png

28 minutes ago, sparkie66 said:

well, I only have a 4790k @ 4.6, with a 980Ti and 16 gb ram and SSD's (@ 4k resulotion)

So far it performs worse than the p3d v3 version. 

I have put my monitor on 30 hz and vsync + triple buffering, just as with the ngx. The nxg pegs at 30 fps and no real stutters.

The FSL fps vary from low 20's to my (refresh) max 30 fps, with stutters a fair bit worse than with the ngx.

Before my 4k monitor I tested with 1080p, but because one needs insane amounts of AA to rid the jaggies, the fps results were pretty much the same as my 4k monitor.

So for the smoothness I seek, my lowly system is not good enough it seems.

You might have to drop down from 4K mate.  I know I probably will 

14ppkc-6.png

Just installed with a warning from ZoneAlarm. It thinks the test.exe in ..\Temp\is-B6D7S.tmp has a not-a-virus:HEUR:PSWTool.Win32.Security.Xploded.gen virus. This apparently causes a risk to information on your system.

Cheers!

David Haynes

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

You might have to drop down from 4K mate.  I know I probably will 

Will try again. Aa is a problem at 1080p

-Roland

Just now, cnc3 said:

Just installed with a warning from ZoneAlarm. It thinks the test.exe in ..\Temp\is-B6D7S.tmp has a not-a-virus:HEUR:PSWTool.Win32.Security.Xploded.gen virus. This apparently causes a risk to information on your system.

David, this is why we recommend you disable your AV when installing. Many AV engines see our installers as a virus, which they are not (also known as a false positive).

1 minute ago, tumtiddle said:

David, this is why we recommend you disable your AV when installing. Many AV engines see our installers as a virus, which they are not (also known as a false positive).

I'm not a big fan of disabling my AV but I can understand that this is a false positive.

Cheers!

David Haynes

41 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I'm sorry, but.... $140??? What is so special about it that I am missing?? It better be PMDG quality or better for that price...

What's so special about it is that this addon comes closer to the real thing than any other addon out there, and certainly any other Airbus. But you have to appreciate that system depth. If you just want to experience what an Airbus pilot might experience on a regular day you probably are better off with 'the (upcoming) other' Airbus. (Which is the one I will be getting.)

OK, I'd just like to update, as I don't want to be unfair to this product:

- the hang-up on the runway initlialisation was solved by a reinstall. It now takes 2 seconds, rather than 20-0 minutes. This is good!

- the VR bug: I've worked out a work-around - go into VR mode in the cub (loaded initially), then start the airbus. Using this, I've finally got a VR view of the cockpit. Frames are low, around 24 fps - so usability may be a problem - but at least its working.If I switch out of, and then back in to, VR mode, it still crashes.

- My mouselook crash didn't happen on the last boot. Maybe teething problems with the new install, We'll see.

- The cockpit is quite nice in VR. The sounds are great - the experience of sitting in a VR airbus, listening to all the systems come on line is pretty sweet.

- It flies well. This, plus the systems depth, is why I bought it.

- the performance still concerns me. I've just flown with sliders further left than I ever have before! Hopefully, the FSL team can improve this. 

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just an unscientific test to compare FPS between FSL and PMDG 777. Situated at the end of 27R using Aerosoft Heathrow Professional, AS16, UT Live. I found the FSL A320 to be just a little harder on frames than the 777. It was probably 3 to 4 FPS less than the 777. I'm running a GTX 970 with MSAA X4.

NAX669.png

OK, I'll make sure that's up to date, thanks for the suggestion.

<edit>

Comment was in reply to advice to check the FSUIPC version.

Oz

8 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Just installed it but when I go into the menu to select aircraft in P3D I can't see any Airbus anywhere!!

Run P3D "as administrator".