Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

Well i was waiting for this release to buy it, but from what im seeing performance is an issue on this one, maybe is better to wait what aerosoft is going to do...

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

Sorry for this, but I have to: now FSLabs managed to release their very complex Airbus before Aerosoft was able to release their not so complex Airbus... nothing more to say...

To be fair, AS version will be a new bus using a new code. The FSL version is a straight port. You're comparing apples with oranges here.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I'm sitting at the gates at FlyTampa's CYUL with ActiveSky, powered up and getting high 30's to low 40's. Just upgraded my rig a couple of months ago, GTX1080, I7 4.2GHZ not overclocked and 16G of ram, so pretty happy with performance so far. 

Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Just now, nealmac said:

The FSL version is a straight port.

No, it isn't a straight port. It's an accumulation of over five months work, and we're one of the first titles to market for V4 that take advantage of many of the new features that P3D V4 offer. It is also offered for free to our existing customers on P3D v3. 

• Upvote 7

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Why does anyone need to "run as administrator" when it is their home PC? I have never had to do this with anything :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, nealmac said:

To be fair, AS version will be a new bus using a new code. The FSL version is a straight port. You're comparing apples with oranges here.

I'd argue all the changes makes the FSL a v2. Still, their entire codebase won't be rewritten.

Just now, Christopher Low said:

Why does anyone need to "run as administrator" when it is their home PC? I have never had to do this with anything :huh:

It allows the software to make changes to your computer, mainly a defense against unwanted programs making unwanted changes to your computer.

Yes, but surely the user is already an administrator if it is his/her own PC? Isn't that automatically set when you add your name during the Windows installation?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Loaded up at FSDT KCLT 36R at night, 13FPS with all the aircraft lights on. Same issue as with PMDG landing lights. Turned off dynamic lighting, up to 40FPS, but obviously no lights. Running an I7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX 980ti. 8X MSAA. Going down to 4X barely helps.

I realize this problem is unique to those of us with 4k setups, but I really, really wish FSLabs had included a legacy lights option for those of us who want to run 4k and still have playable FPS at night by disabling dynamic lighting. The old Spotlights still looked fantastic.

Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, but surely the user is already an administrator if it is his/her own PC? Isn't that automatically set when you add your name during the Windows installation?

The account may be an administrative account, but the UAC in Windows won't let an application make changes in certain locations. You must run an application "As administrator" which grants it the full privileges of an administrator account. You may find most applications automatically request this (which is why you get the pop up "Are you sure you want to run this program" etc) on launch. You must set P3D to do this.

• Upvote 2

I have UAC disabled, so that may be why I do not have a problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

I have UAC disabled, so that may be why I do not have a problem.

Yea, that's not a good way to run your machine these days. UAC is annoying but it's an added layer of security.

• Upvote 1