Sign in to follow this  
Julkensen

FsLabs a320 released for P3Dv4

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, but surely the user is already an administrator if it is his/her own PC? Isn't that automatically set when you add your name during the Windows installation?

'Run as admin' was always a pretty routine recommendation in the FSX days, due to the problems a lot of people experienced with folder permissions when installing in the default location. At any rate, I do this for everything I run in flight simluation, whether it's actually necessary is a different question!

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

21 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

No, it isn't a straight port. It's an accumulation of over five months work, and we're one of the first titles to market for V4 that take advantage of many of the new features that P3D V4 offer. It is also offered for free to our existing customers on P3D v3. 

This is one of the reasons I purchased, I do understand how much work has gone into this release. Do you think there's much room for performance improvements due to P3D v4-unique features? There's a comment or two here that performance is less than in v3 (I don't have the V3 version to check against), so if that's true I wondered if a bit more tweaking by FSL might see some speed gains?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

does this work with P3Dv4.0?

or

Do I need to the client update to 4.1?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 minute ago, Manny said:

does this work with P3Dv4.0?

or

Do I need to the client update to 4.1?

4.1 is required.

Roger that.

Thanks Karl.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just took it around the patch a little after a no problem install. It will be nice to really fly this thing without memory problems. So far so good.

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

44 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, but surely the user is already an administrator if it is his/her own PC? Isn't that automatically set when you add your name during the Windows installation?

Yes Chris, good point. The very first user of the Windows PC has access to everything bar none, otherwise the PC could not be managed.

That's what seems very funny when we are also told to "Run as Admin" rather than the installer step up a notch and ensure the granting of permission to the actual files is done for us.

The real issue is that some think Run as Admin acquires permissions to all files and folders but it does not. Where permissions are required it's always best to grant the permission to a group that uses the software (rather than to an individual). That way it is set and forget. Who the hell wants to click OK to Run as Admin all day when it is entirely not necessary.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

54 minutes ago, georgio1952 said:

Good news, but i'm not going to buy it, i'll stay with PMDG....

Why? I totally get it if you prefer Boeings but the Airbus is a beast in itself!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AccusedChip said:

Just took it around the patch a little after a no problem install. It will be nice to really fly this thing without memory problems. So far so good.

Amen!!  The best aircraft developed so far in flight sim and the one that most desperately needed 64-bit.  Thank God!!  Now we can finally fly it without worry of OOM!!  Can't wait!!!!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I have dusted off my Mike Ray manual.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Which one do you have?  Looks like there a couple of versions.  I thought about getting this myself.  Would you recommend it?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

4 minutes ago, klamal said:

Which one do you have?  Looks like there a couple of versions.  I thought about getting this myself.  Would you recommend it?

I have the wire-bound one: ISBN 978-0-936283-19-7 The Unofficial Airbus A320 Series Simulator and Checkride Procedures Manual. Recommended.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Me too!  Been a while since I went through it, but I'll be studying it again.  I think it's at the bottom of my box of manuals :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, klamal said:

I highly recommend Mike Ray's Airbus manual.  I have the color wire bound version and it makes the Airbus so easy and understandable.  Cpt. Mike is a great teacher.

1 hour ago, georgio1952 said:

Good news, but i'm not going to buy it, i'll stay with PMDG....

Thank you for this utterly worthless piece of contribution.

• Upvote 7

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11