Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

The long panel state is faulty!

Dear all.

I read this in the change log: 

CHANGE LOG PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Build 3.00.8466 (Released 14OCT17) [ View Issues ] ================================================================== - VARIOUS: [Panel States] Replaced LONG and SHORT panel states to make them compatible with latest build. NOTAM: Panel states created prior to 3.00.8464 may not be compatible and should be replaced.

So I started up my first flight in 4.1 and started with the long panel state.

After engine start I got a caution sound and the illuminated panel. But searching for it led no where.

next FMC message was displayed at descent and after canceling it it would come back.

I searched the internet for reasons for this, and found that it could be from a faulty panel state... So my question is, if we are only to do new and from the short and long that you have replaced, then how come it has become faulty?!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

have you used the long panel state and made any changes to it? This behavior after the last upgrade indicates that. Try to use one of the other panel states and see if this happens there.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

No doubt that there are issues with the panel states.

I had luck with repairing my 747 using the latest build from the website, then applying the update again through the OC. The default cold and dark worked again for me. However, I have only done one flight with it and haven't tested other panel states. I have also had success making my own panel state from 747default state.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, windshearDK said:

no this was my first flight since the 747 update.

In the past did you modify the long panel state?

Chris Makris

1 hour ago, windshearDK said:

Did you hear that they are?

yep  they must be,  since  Chris  has  posted  to your  post  already,

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guys,

There is nothing to wait for. This issue had been fixed on Saturday with the latest update. If you still see the issue that means that you have save over the original panel states. Best solution to start with the default one and save a new one as you like it.

Chris Makris

3 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Guys,

There is nothing to wait for. This issue had been fixed on Saturday with the latest update. If you still see the issue that means that you have save over the original panel states. Best solution to start with the default one and save a new one as you like it.

Mmm... Unfortunately only the Long and the Short states have been updated not the Cold & Dark. I continue having problems with the Cold & Dark and the Long states after version 3.00.8415. On saturday I updated to the latest version via the OC and this has not been fixed. Do we have to remove manually the old panel states? If so, why? Is that normal? Or, do we have to uninstall the aircraft and reinstall it?

2 hours ago, svfranchini said:

Mmm... Unfortunately only the Long and the Short states have been updated not the Cold & Dark. I continue having problems with the Cold & Dark and the Long states after version 3.00.8415. On saturday I updated to the latest version via the OC and this has not been fixed. Do we have to remove manually the old panel states? If so, why? Is that normal? Or, do we have to uninstall the aircraft and reinstall it?

Panel states can be removed by deleting the panel state files in <simulator>\PMDG\PMDG 747\Panel folder or something like that.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

Panel states can be removed by deleting the panel state files in <simulator>\PMDG\PMDG 747\Panel folder or something like that.

Thanks. They have been placed out of this folder. Now, what do i have to do to have the new ones?

Thanks!

Please sign you real name, first and last as per forum regulations. Other wise your posts will be deleted.

Use the default panel state to create the panel states you wish. The other panel states will have issues only if you modified them in the past and save over them.

Chris Makris

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Please sign you real name, first and last as per forum regulations. Other wise your posts will be deleted.

Use the default panel state to create the panel states you wish. The other panel states will have issues only if you modified them in the past and save over them.

Hi Chris and congratulations with your new title!

I already stated that I have not edited the long default panel state. I used only my own made panel states, and surely not since the last update.

I don't like to have to repeat this point, but I just did.

Now I have uninstalled and I will reinstall again.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg