Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

The long panel state is faulty!

3 hours ago, windshearDK said:

Now I have uninstalled and I will reinstall again.

Why? This solves nothing.

Kyle Rodgers

I uninstalled and reinstalled, at this point I have nothing to loose. I am flying now from the long panel state, and after turning the fuel cutoff valve to on, the aircraft made the same caution sound and the caution lights on the glare shield turned on, and are not possible to turn off. I’ve checked all faults, and nothing is indicated.

i never ever saw this before your last update, which I posted in the topic.

please advise...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

8 minutes ago, windshearDK said:

I uninstalled and reinstalled, at this point I have nothing to loose. I am flying now from the long panel state, and after turning the fuel cutoff valve to on, the aircraft made the same caution sound and the caution lights on the glare shield turned on, and are not possible to turn off. I’ve checked all faults, and nothing is indicated.

i never ever saw this before your last update, which I posted in the topic.

please advise...

Not to be "that guy" but he did tell you that it would solve nothing. It's most likely a problem on your specific machine, something you changed prior to the update. I'm not having this issue so it isn't one with the update itself.

I've changed nothing in any of my panel states.. I have always used the default short state. I have exactly the same problem as windshearDK and keight  on my first flight following the update.  Caution light on glare shield came on at engine start will not reset.

As stated above I've always used a default panel state - that update has definitely done something. 

• Upvote 1

I had the exact same issue on my first flight after installing the update. After completing the flight I started the OC and got the option to install the update (again). Tried to install it, but same result upon restarting the OC. Before another attempt I deleted the short and long panel states (which still had the same datestamp as the default and Cold & Dark panel states). I tried to install the update again, and this time it was succesful.

Marc ter Heide

Guys,

If you have issues with the short and long for now use the default one. Shutdown the plane at the state you want and save and use the new panel.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

This is frustrating -  tried Voske's solution outlined above. Deleted the long and short panel states and ran the update again, but no joy.

I'll have to adopt Chris's solution for the time being.  Just for the sake of clarity I've never modified any of the panel states or indeed saved any 'personalised' ones 

• Upvote 1

On 21/10/2017 at 4:38 PM, NBurgess said:

This is frustrating -  tried Voske's solution outlined above. Deleted the long and short panel states and ran the update again, but no joy.

I'll have to adopt Chris's solution for the time being.  Just for the sake of clarity I've never modified any of the panel states or indeed saved any 'personalised' ones 

Neil did you try it out? I will give it a try also, but Chris honestly, you should take it a bit serious, as the update specifically said that the updated panel states were necessary for future flying, and since the ones I had as a replacement are corrupted, something just ain't right.

On 19/10/2017 at 10:55 PM, Milton Waddams said:

Not to be "that guy" but he did tell you that it would solve nothing. It's most likely a problem on your specific machine, something you changed prior to the update. I'm not having this issue so it isn't one with the update itself.

John its ok it didn't work, it wasn't very time consuming, and at least now I know I've tried that one

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

For now I have to start each flight with default state with Engines On and then Shut them down and start the APU.

Santiago V.F.

• Upvote 1

Streamer Matt Davies had this issue as well, it stayed on for his entire 9 hour flight :laugh:

don't  know  why  you  guys  are  having  issues,   havnt had  any  issues  at ball  probably  due  to the  fact  that I  hadn't  made  any  panel  save  states  prior   to  the update

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 hours ago, svfranchini said:

For now I have to start each flight with default state with Engines On and then Shut them down and start the APU.

Santiago V.F.

Once you get the aircraft in the condition you like, save a new panel state and use that as your new start state. You should be good to go!

On 10/19/2017 at 5:19 AM, windshearDK said:

Hi Chris and congratulations with your new title!

I already stated that I have not edited the long default panel state. I used only my own made panel states, and surely not since the last update.

I don't like to have to repeat this point, but I just did.

Now I have uninstalled and I will reinstall again.

Did this work for you? (sorry, I didn't catch your name).  I am having the same exact issue.  Should I uninstall the 747-400 and re-install?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

David Bell

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

4 hours ago, europrodave said:

Should I uninstall the 747-400 and re-install?

No, that doesn't fix anything.  Reinstallling creates more problems than it fixes.  Start with the default engines running state, create your own custom panel states.

Dan Downs KCRP