Sign in to follow this  

Rotate Network

I can't chime in. I don't have a headset and microphone.... :tongue: :biggrin: sorry. Couldn't resist.

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Based on what I am seeing, please correct me if wrong, they are emphasizing text based comms instead of voice.

Check out their Facebook page.

• Upvote 1

Seems very interesting. Would really be interested to see what the final product is like. My main question is how are they going to ensure more coverage?  

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Howdy Folks, 

we thought we'd drop in here and say hi :biggrin:

@Henry Street We prefer voice-based communication and have a strong emphasis on high-quality HF and VHF communications while maintaining realistic sound and behaviour. We will detail this soon. I can let you know in here when we release info.

@warriorpilot With modern more advanced technology and a hassle-free setup of our software and accounts in addition to many more integrated features such as virtual airlines, missions and logbooks etc. we aim to give many more aviation enthusiasts a home. We believe with the right tools and the right people, we can bring the aviation community together and even give new, interested simmers a better start into online flight simulation.

• Upvote 1

AVSIM_Signature.png

Rotate Network - Next Level Massively Multiplayer Online Aviation

https://rotate.network/

Interesting. Someone in my VA ran across one other network in development called Positive Contol (https://poscon.net). Look forward to these new network starting operations, but a possible downside is the dilution of traffic and controllers even further as the number of multiplayer networks increase.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Interesting. Someone in my VA ran across one other network in development called Positive Contol (https://poscon.net). Look forward to these new network starting operations, but a possible downside is the dilution of traffic and controllers even further as the number of multiplayer networks increase.

A successful MP network with many nice tools can be built without ATC. But if a network says it will have ATC (specifically carbon based live ATC), there are several implications that must be addressed. 

First, coverage, both temporally and geographically. To say, 'we are going to the best ATC, it will be yuuge' will not cut it.

Secondly, quality. How will the AT controllers be qualified, trained, tested, etc.

Thirdly, cost. Not sure what economic system these new offerings were designed to monetize from...but the controllers, server hosters, etc, will have to get paid.

Frankly, VATSIM, and worse, IVAO, exist as they are because of the balancing act between these 3 constraints.

I am very concerned when one of these "fabulous" new offerings makes VATSIM/IVAO their comparison instead of PilotEdge. You may only understand this judgement if you have used PilotEdge.

Seems to me it'll have to be expensive in terms of a subscription cost if it is to provide the coverage it promises.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm curious to about the interactive AI drones that the poscon.net seems to be planning.  This are huge projects regardless and I can't wait to see how our hobby shapes itself over the next couple years. 

Are these actual screenshots, or just mockups? Has any software been written?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.