Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Concorde X P3D v4 news?

Is there any news regarding the P3D v4 version of the Concorde? I'd post this on their Concorde forum but as I do not own it, I cannot post there.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well -- this would be an instant buy for me. I never even thought seriously about the FSX version due to its very well-known VAS issues, which are now joyfully moot in v4.

James

I am almost certain that Ray Proudfoot will have asked FSLabs this question at the Cosford 2017 Flightsim Show, so......over to you, Ray :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

22 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I'd love to know the answer to this as well -- this would be an instant buy for me. I never even thought seriously about the FSX version due to its very well-known VAS issues, which are now joyfully moot in v4.

James

Same here, I'd absolutely love to fly it to complement the upcoming Milviz SR-71 but I just can't see myself spending $70 just to have it in a "dead" sim.

19 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am almost certain that Ray Proudfoot will have asked FSLabs this question at the Cosford 2017 Flightsim Show, so......over to you, Ray :smile:

This is who I'm hoping will reply, if anyone has an answer, it's him!

As far as I can understand, they're considering it and examining if even can be done. But it's on the backburner.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

As far as I can understand, they're considering it and examining if even can be done. But it's on the backburner.

I've heard that as well, that was a while ago and if I remember correctly, they said that they'd have a better idea once the A320 was ported.

3 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I've heard that as well, that was a while ago and if I remember correctly, they said that they'd have a better idea once the A320 was ported.

Indeed. Let's see what the coming months have to say... I'm sure, they'll give an answer as soon as possible. I must admit, though, that they weren't sounding optimistic regarding the possibility of being able to port it to Prepar3D v3/v4. 

But we'll see I guess... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

that they weren't sounding optimistic regarding the possibility of being able to port it to Prepar3D v3/v4. 

That's what really worries me, that they'll not have time for it with the A319, A321, Sharklets, and presumably the A330'taking up all of their time leaving no time for a Concorde port.

Lefteris had this to say in an exchange with Ray on the forums after the Cosford show: "... we do always hope for the best, but there's no timeline on when the Concorde-X for P3Dv4 will be receiving attention, for reasons explained many times before." 

There are many things to be done A320 family-wise first, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for quite a while.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

12 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Lefteris had this to say in an exchange with Ray on the forums after the Cosford show: "... we do always hope for the best, but there's no timeline on when the Concorde-X for P3Dv4 will be receiving attention, for reasons explained many times before." 

There are many things to be done A320 family-wise first, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for quite a while.

That stinks.

Can't you give them at least a few days off before working on the next project?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

That stinks.

The A320 is study level for a reason - they can sell profitable commercial licences for training.

Not so with concorde, for obvious reasons :(

Simple economics is driving this...

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

19 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Simple economics is driving this...

I think you're right about that assumption.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--