Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Orbx Aerofly FS2 Announcement

Posted By John Venema in the Orbx "Project A" Thread

PNW-AFS2 has been approved internally as a project which Holger will be leading. We have a bunch of new technology we are working with for some unannounced projects which will allow us to tackle very large photoreal products with all the usual FTX full fat region goodies included.

Additionally Jarrad and Alex have been working on refining the tech for airport ports from P3D to AFS2 so we will soon have an internal SDK made available to Orbx developers.

We are liaising with the IPACS team on a continual basis and there will be new features added to their engine to help us achieve our mutual ambitions.

Remember, our investment in AFS2 is a marathon not a sprint, all good things take time.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

PNW in AFS2 will be awesome.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

The combination of ORBX with AFS2 will be (or it's already, like LOWI and KCGX) awesome in PNW area. Very good news!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

We need something like a motorised hang glider or maybe an FSX like trike to fully savour the great scenery.

Since the PNW is my home, this might motivate me to purchase a 3rd sim platform.  I don't really want to go down that road, but will  tempted for sure.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, turnandbank said:

Since the PNW is my home, this might motivate me to purchase a 3rd sim platform.  I don't really want to go down that road, but will  tempted for sure.

I dont think youneed to run a 3rd sim. P3DV2 is already supported by Orbx for the PNW region. 

4 hours ago, AOB said:

I dont think youneed to run a 3rd sim. P3DV2 is already supported by Orbx for the PNW region. 

Lol, yes. But it will be very different in AFS2. Not being landclass based will be a huge change. 

5 hours ago, turnandbank said:

Off topic: since you already contemplating a third sim, XP11 and Free Photoscenery from Ortho4XP for PNW is very good, as you can't beat photo real.  I only use P3D and Orbx because I still have favorite planes in there that are just not at the same level with XP11.  Just a thought.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Sorry and no offence but now I am getting confused. So Orbx PNW for FS2 will not be the same as PNW for P3D and neither will be as good as Ortho4XP which is photo real? I thought that FS2 is photoreal. Our NYC DLC is truly amazing.

6 hours ago, AOB said:

Sorry and no offence but now I am getting confused. So Orbx PNW for FS2 will not be the same as PNW for P3D and neither will be as good as Ortho4XP which is photo real? I thought that FS2 is photoreal. Our NYC DLC is truly amazing.

AFS2 is photoreal only so any addon that Orbx will make for AFS2 will be photoreal too. This means that the AFS2 version of PNW will be totally different than the versions for FSX/PNW, which have mainly landclass scenery  (generic textures repeated all over the place). The photoreal part will have to be created from scratch by Orbx but they will be able to use POI's and parts of airports. 

Concerning Ortho4XP and XP11: that will also give you photoreal but I think we can assume Orbx will deliver photoreal of a higher quality than the available free XP photoreal. Orbx is known for creating great and detailed sceneries and I don't think they will deliver us some crappy AFS2 scenery. 

When Anxu00 said that you can't beat photoreal I think he forgot or didn't know that Orbx's AFS2 will be photoreal too. 

It is my expectation that in the end Orbx's PNW for AFS2 will be superior to any other PNW scenery out there.

Thank you for explaining that so clearly. Sounds like PNW will really be exceptional.

I think everyone involved will be putting their best foot forward, so I expect something special. Think of it as "Orbx Unchained"

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Devons rig