Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_Totti

Weird airport lights

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

I didn't have to, but my sceneries are from different developers as yours.

I'm using FlyTampa, Aerosoft, Uk2000, too. And I hav eproblems with those sceneries.

I have this issue with FSDT LAX myself, although I never thought much of it. I’ll check tonight and see if it happens elsewhere. 

In regards to the lights floating, some research I did before on here seemed to indicate that’s just an issue with P3D itself. 

I use REX myself and when you guys mentioned something that edits the airport lighting I kind of leaned towards that. But I’ll go take a look at my other FSDT ones, Fly Tampa and aerosoft etc. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

4 hours ago, NickJZX said:

I have this issue with FSDT LAX myself, although I never thought much of it. I’ll check tonight and see if it happens elsewhere. 

In regards to the lights floating, some research I did before on here seemed to indicate that’s just an issue with P3D itself. 

I use REX myself and when you guys mentioned something that edits the airport lighting I kind of leaned towards that. But I’ll go take a look at my other FSDT ones, Fly Tampa and aerosoft etc. 

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Well as I said I am running out of ideas...

Just did a full reinstall of the sim (deleted everything) and I still have the same problem

21 minutes ago, Pilot_Totti said:

Just did a full reinstall of the sim (deleted everything) and I still have the same problem

So you did a complete uninstall using the Prepar3d uninstaller from Control Panel, deleted the folders in Appdata, lolcalappdata and Programdata , all the Prrepar3d v4 add on files and deleted the entire P3D folder structure from your drive.

And then reinstalled the full package - and still have the problem?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

12 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

So you did a complete uninstall using the Prepar3d uninstaller from Control Panel, deleted the folders in Appdata, lolcalappdata and Programdata , all the Prrepar3d v4 add on files and deleted the entire P3D folder structure from your drive.

And then reinstalled the full package - and still have the problem?

Vic

Yes. I deleted everything from my system.

Well, the default program does not display that way so it can only be one of two things:

your videocard/driver combination

"something" did not get deleted.

You might try installing P3D into a completely DIFFERENT folder, actually I'd create a new user in your system and then reinstall P3D into a new folder.

If that doesn't work, you then have a hardware issue.

remember NO presets like PTA or Envtex or Reshade - no addons .

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Well, the default program does not display that way so it can only be one of two things:

your videocard/driver combination

"something" did not get deleted.

You might try installing P3D into a completely DIFFERENT folder, actually I'd create a new user in your system and then reinstall P3D into a new folder.

If that doesn't work, you then have a hardware issue.

remember NO presets like PTA or Envtex or Reshade - no addons .

Vic

I installed it on a different hard drive and I tried it out with PTA, ReShade, etc. But it didn't work. So I kind of gave up and I probably have to live with it, because I don't see any solutions. :(

14 minutes ago, Pilot_Totti said:

I think that this post in the Aerosoft forum explains the reason:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127919-weird-airport-light/&do=findComment&comment=847439

I am confused by this as my lights don't look like yours and my screen resolution is even lower than yours.

There is a variable or something we haven't found.

Are you using Nvidia Inspector?

Simbol

51 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am confused by this as my lights don't look like yours and my screen resolution is even lower than yours.

There is a variable or something we haven't found.

Are you using Nvidia Inspector?

Simbol

I have to agree, this seems odd to me. I didn’t have this issue prior in 4.0 and just ignored it in 4.1. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Alright so it looks like it's something to do with Fly Tampa and FSDT. 

FSDT

LAX

37754873712_bb99d44fb3_k.jpg

Louisville

37754873432_0d920f7c17_k.jpg

CYVR

37754873542_af21cf9e22_k.jpg

Fly Tampa:

TNCM

37754873112_c58a57a01f_k.jpg

And these airports have no issue:

SimAddons

CYEG

23933607808_557ef5950c_k.jpg

ImagineSim 

KATL

37754873322_5d6cd29b4f_k.jpg

So yah, really quite strange. I'm not sure the correlation in between these airports specifically. However I'll upload the album with those photos in it, the album also contains my P3D Settings so you can see if there may be anything between OP and I. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/yaydriftingnick/57wR23

• Upvote 1

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

I have just fixed this by unticking enable HDR lighting in the P3D lighting settings, not sure if this will compromise anything else though? Still checking.

• Upvote 2

Ian S

38.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I have just fixed this by unticking enable HDR lighting in the P3D lighting settings, not sure if this will compromise anything else though? Still checking.

Good find, let's see if Totti can apply the same fix.

Simbol