Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_Totti

Weird airport lights

On 10/19/2017 at 11:21 AM, simbol said:

Good find, let's see if Totti can apply the same fix.

Simbol 

I tried that already and it didn't help. Sorry for my late response, but I was on vacation. :-)

49 minutes ago, simbol said:

Both looks ok to me Totti, better than your first pics.

Simbol 

It's the same. LEPA is just a little extra weird, because the grass textures at nights are really bad. But I still have the same problem. Nothing changed :(

Do you have Rex Textures installed?

6 minutes ago, Pilot_Totti said:

It's the same. LEPA is just a little extra weird, because the grass textures at nights are really bad. But I still have the same problem. Nothing changed :(

Do you have Rex Textures installed?

I wish I had seen this post earlier. What you showed in your opening post is not a problem. It's just the custom lights that the developer used for that airport and you can't really change it or fix it.

Someone else posted something like this here a few months ago and went on a wild goose chase uninstalling, reinstalling only to get the same results.

Some developers use custom lights and some use default lights, both of which look different. Sometimes the custom lights look like 2D disks but that is by design.

Wish I could have seen your post a first to save you time with all the uninstalling and reinstalling when there was nothing wrong to begin with.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I wish I had seen this post earlier. What you showed in your opening post is not a problem. It's just the custom lights that the developer used for that airport and you can't really change it or fix it.

Someone else posted something like this here a few months ago and went on a wild goose chase uninstalling, reinstalling only to get the same results.

Some developers use custom lights and some use default lights, both of which look different. Sometimes the custom lights look like 2D disks but that is by design.

Wish I could have seen your post a first to save you time with all the uninstalling and reinstalling when there was nothing wrong to begin with.

Thank you.

But why do some people don't have the problems as I have? :-(

The lights look awfull at night, even at 4K with HDR enabled... I have disabled HDR while flying at night and it looks definetly mor natural.
Especially aerosoft airports with DL enabled. HDR seems to be a problem at night.. try switching HDR off and upload a new screenshot without HDR. I'm sure it will be a lot better.

47 minutes ago, Pilot_Totti said:

Thank you.

But why do some people don't have the problems as I have? :-(

Well, some people don't report it as a problem because it's technically not a problem and they realize that the lights are the way they are by design. I can show screen shots from the same adding airports and you'll see the same lights because that was the way the designer did them.

That being said, some developers do better jobs than others at custom lights. Have you ever seen the horrible runway lights at Aerosoft Gibraltar? Those would give reason to lodge a complaint as the runway lights are huge, but was done by design.

Just now, cmpbellsjc said:

Well, some people don't report it as a problem because it's technically not a problem and they realize that the lights are the way they are by design. I can show screen shots from the same adding airports and you'll see the same lights because that was the way the designer did them.

That being said, some developers do better jobs than others at custom lights. Have you ever seen the horrible runway lights at Aerosoft Gibraltar? Those would give reason to lodge a complaint as the runway lights are huge, but was done by design.

Ok. thank you very much! Are your default airport lights flying 1ft over the ground, too? 

7 minutes ago, Pilot_Totti said:

Ok. thank you very much! Are your default airport lights flying 1ft over the ground, too? 

Yes, been like that since FSX and I believe FS9.

My advice, remember that it's a desktop sim and isn't always going to be perfect. Sometimes you have to try to just ignore or live with the imperfections or they will drive you crazy if you let them. After a while you might not even notice anymore.

• Upvote 1